Installing latest Gregtech into latest IC2 Experimental causes Generator recipe issues(?)

• Ok, so basically I'm playing FTB Monster, but I decided to update IC2 Experimental to the latest build as I also wanted Gregtech. The issue I've seen however is that the basic IC2 Generator recipe is restricted to only accept the following:

1x RE-Battery
    1x Steel/Stainless Machine Hull
    1x Furnace

Now, this is the only recipe available to craft the Generator. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Generator the most basic of power generation for IC2 and Gregtech? Normally I would expect either a Basic Machine Casing to also be available, or the alternative 1xRE-Battery, 3xRefined Iron Plates and 1xIron Furnace, but neither of those recipes seem to be available.

So does that mean I can't use IC2 Experimental with Gregtech, or am I missing something? Please do not say that this is the new Gregtech way of crafting the Generator, as this sort of recipe is much further along the tech tree due to the large number of high-tech machines you would need, which would in turn need "power" to run.

Edit:
    After some tinkering around with the configs, and because the FTB modpack has MineTweaker installed, I ended up manually adding the recipe using the basic machine casing, using the oreDict entries of course. I would still want to see if this issue could be fixed at the very least however, as it is a massive issue if you can't craft the most basic of generators. Even with Gregtech installed this should still be possible normally, else one would find it impossible to advance through the tech tree... or at the very least, it would be extremely difficult to a crazy degree.

• this IS the new Gregtech way of crafting the generator :D

Now, before you get mad, let's go further into detail:

GregTech now adds the "Bronze Age", a set of machines which are made of bronze and take steam instead of electricity. You need to get these and the Bronze Blast Furnace to make your first steel which you can use for your first electric machines.
    There is a Steam Smelter (like an Alloy Smelter), a Steam Furnace, a Steam Boiler (wel duh), a Steam powered Forge Hammer, a Squeezing Extractor and a Sturdy Grinder.
    You need the Bronze Blast Furnace to make Steel. You need the Steam Boiler to power every other Bronze Age Machine. You need the Squeezing Extactor to get your first rubber. You need the Sturdy Grinder for Lazurite Dust which is used in Advanced Circuits (and a Macerator for example needs those). The Steam Forge Hammer hammers plates without needing to craft a hammer first. The Steam Smelter will get you a better Copper/Tin to bronze Ratio (3 Copper+1 Tin -> 4 Bronze, compared to 1 Bronze when you craft ingots together and 3 Bronze when you craft dusts together). The Sturdy Grinder can macerate ore blocks into crushed ores, which when smelted give 10 nuggets instead of 1 ingot. (so you get a 10% increase).
    You can get more information here

• ...oh, you serious? I couldn't find any info on how the new Gregtech and IC2 Experimental mods worked, so I assumed it would work as it did back in 1.5.2. Guess I was wrong then. Better remove that recipe I added...

• Official Post

If you need more information about bronze age or anything GT related check out the community wiki, which is the most updated wiki (but not 100% as Greg always pushes new stuff everyday).
    Link at my signature.

• Thanks Linus and SpwnX, I'll be sure to check things out in the wiki to learn more about this.

Nonotan, I've already got NEI installed thanks to FTB, but it doesn't have a handy guide saying that I need to go through the bronze age before advancing to electric power. Would be a nice feature though. =P