Complex cable capacity question

• I have searched around but cant seem to find an answer so I figured you guys would know.

I have always wired all of my machines of a tier together so all my 32eu/t are running off one line, all my 128eu/t are running of their own line, etc. What is happening is I am outputting 128eu/t on that line but since all of those machines tend to 'stall' if the eu/t dips too much they end up stalling each other if I run more than 1 at a time. Is there a way I can avoid the stall while still having them on the same cable? I figured I could have a second 128eu/t cesu outputting on that line but wouldn't that copper wire melt since it is handling 256eu/t? I also thought about upping the wire to gold cable (512eu/t) but would that mean that a machine will get 256eu/t and explode (2x cesu outputting on the same line)?

Thanks for the help guys, I am used to voltz and am enjoying the extra challenge IC2 experimental+gregtech offers!

• Official Post

If you use transformer upgrades, your machines can accept the next tier of power up. Right now cables and machines don't explode with too high voltages anyway, but in the future they will and Gregtech machines still do.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Ooooh, so the transformer upgrade will allow them on the 512 eu/t current but still only consume 128 eu/t. So that's how I am supposed to do it!

Thanks!

• Official Post

Indeed, the transformer upgrade doesn't change the amount of energy it uses, just the amount it can accept before exploding :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.