Using a reed farm for power.

• Automatic cactus farms are not as expensive to build as reed farms.
    The real question is, will reed outgrow cactus and will the energy produced by a reed farm exceed that of a cactus farm when space consumed is taken into account?

• ahhh... but they will also produce less in return. i estimate about half (at least) will be destroyed.

So the real question then is, which grows faster? Does the growth speed of cacti exceed the losses incurred? Is it really worth it spending that much redstone and iron on pistons?
    Wouldn't a tree farm work better? (Though that leaves the realm of IC2)

Actually, i am not that interested in the topic to begin with. I have my tree farms! :D

• So the real question then is, which grows faster? Does the growth speed of cacti exceed the losses incurred? Is it really worth it spending that much redstone and iron on pistons?
    Wouldn't a tree farm work better? (Though that leaves the realm of IC2)

Actually, i am not that interested in the topic to begin with. I have my tree farms! :D

(*Noms on Cadde's wood) :D

• (*Noms on Cadde's wood) :D

A bit hard to swallow....

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• I jizzed!

Disclaimer:

I am totally and utterly Christmas eve drunk, anything i post today might be full of spelling errors and typos and ramblings and other hilarity.

• I was actually crunching the numbers tonight, and with the recent increase to the amount of energy produced by biofuel, it's definitely worth it to take the time to convert your plant matter into biofuel if you intend to use it as a fuel source for generators, especially if you're using the advanced machines addon to get the centrifuge extractor and singularity compressor. You get a net gain of about 117% using standard machines, or 200% using advanced machines, over simply burning the plant matter. As a primary fuel source, though...yeah, your farm would have to be pretty damned huge to provide enough excess to power more than a couple of generators full time. An interesting build, and definitely a viable source of energy, but requiring far too many raw materials (even if they are mostly renewable, one can of biofuel only really consumes 1 tin ore in non-renewable resources) to make it feasible to power an operation of any size on biofuel alone.