E-NET... Again :(

• Ok, guys, I really lost all my patience. Please tell us a word about what the hell is going on with this IC2 mod ? It's not my place to demand anything, but I would really see the electricity melting down cables. I want to see machines blowing-up with the power overload! I want to use cables to make electric fences... What's that stall about E-Net ? Please tell a word or two about the topic. You seem to update and upgrade everything else but the CORE of this mod.
    It's pretty pointless playing this mod without worrying about what cables will I use, what will I connect with what, and so on...

BTW - if you need a practical advice, I am an electro-technician, so I can help you with that a bit. Feel free to ask.

• Ok, guys, I really lost all my patience. Please tell us a word about what the hell is going on with this IC2 mod ? It's not my place to demand anything, but I would really see the electricity melting down cables. I want to see machines blowing-up with the power overload! I want to use cables to make electric fences... What's that stall about E-Net ? Please tell a word or two about the topic. You seem to update and upgrade everything else but the CORE of this mod.
    It's pretty pointless playing this mod without worrying about what cables will I use, what will I connect with what, and so on...

BTW - if you need a practical advice, I am an electro-technician, so I can help you with that a bit. Feel free to ask.

As stated before, the E-Net is still incomplete and many destructive mechanisms of the E-Net has been removed temporarily. Player, the developer responsible for the E-Net, is fairly busy at the moment.

For practical advice - over-complicating the E-Net to make it more realistic is going to take quite a hit on performance when used medium to large scale, so that's not really viable.

• Yeah, I am aware that ENET is still work in progress, but it's takig too much time. People may get bored with this mod and go away... As much as I love this mod and as much as I think it's the best one out there, I am getting tired of it, too - since many things which interact with the electric network , are not working. Too bad Player isn't available to finish this, I guess his interest in Minecraft declined a bit...

I agree that ENET should be kept simple, that's what I think when I say I can help with the practical advices about it. Some general real-life rules can be applied, making the grid compact and functional... Not that they will be implementing calculations of an inductance and magnetic force inside the coils of the machines :D :D :D

Too bad Player isn't available to finish this

is not entirely correct look:

#485 (27.06.2014 19:44:56)

a Big Update for 1.7.10 and more importantly new E-Net API is done .... currently he work on E-Net and more Stuff related to 1.7.10 framework

without the fabulous IC2 framework I would hardly to create so quick new content

• That's nice to hear. I know that there are new updates, I was looking at the changelog, saw something about the e-net api implementation and was pretty sad when I found out that the net isn't working yet. That's how I got the idea to write this post.
    But, just knowing that it is being worked on, makes me happy. And especially if that information comes from the one of the developers :thumbup: I don't want this mod to die, I am also happy it's being ported on 1.7.10 with the latest forge.