• They have it in Railcraft. They have it in Gregtech. They have it in Traincraft. They have it in Universal Electricity. They have it in Tinker's Construct.

That's right, Steel. One of the most (or maybe the most) manufactured materials in history.

It just makes sense. You can't have a mod with modern technology without steel! Steel creates millions of things, and hundreds of millions of tons of steel are made yearly. Steel is used in almost everything, computers, cars, everything.

Anyway, I firmly believe steel shouldn't be easy to get if it's IC2. Putting an iron ingot in a furnace is lame. IC2 deserves better. More then a multiblock furnace. It should have some risk to it, some art to it. It should be cool. IMO.

What would steel be used for in IC2? I don't know. Tools and Armor would be good. IC2 pipes? IC2 tanks? Super-cool boats? I know some people could think of better ideas then mine :p

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• May be GregoriousT and Player just should merge IC2 and GregTech together and call this chimera "IC3". And add 3 modes "Hard mode", "Easy mode" and "Very-very-very easy mode".

• Official Post

May be GregoriousT and Player just should merge IC2 and GregTech together and call this chimera "IC3". And add 3 modes "Hard mode", "Easy mode" and "Very-very-very easy mode".

"hard mode", "easy mode" and "FTB mode"

• Official Post

"hard mode", "easy mode" and "FTB mode"

"Easy mode" "Pathetically easy mode" "Literally Creative mode"

• Seriously though, a GT/IC2 merger would be awesome. And would never happen, for various reasons, most of which are Lazyness, Lazyness, Control, Lazyness, Ease of development, Lazyness and The Almighty Dragon Lord.
    As for steel, it is a good idea, something that could be used for a second tier of IC2 machines, possbly to expand the mod further. Not sure how exactly to implement it, but it is a good idea.

• Official Post

Make "advanced" machine blocks require steel plates and that should be enough.
    A new recipe for steel production would be required though. Maybe a new multiblock machine which uses geothermal power to make steel while using coal as "catalyst".

• How about a basic machine that merges iron and coal, accepting 32 eu/t and using heat from a redstone signal like Induction Furnace?

• How about a basic machine that merges iron and coal, accepting 32 eu/t and using heat from a redstone signal like Induction Furnace?

That is way too lame.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.