Advanced Miner Help/instructions

• Ok, clarifying/getting things setup... the advanced miner someone says needs a redstone signal ( why not just have a button inside? )

it also needs a scanner but the max scanner does more then the scanner did itself/in the old miner. ( could we get clarification)

You need to blacklist things.. Stone Dirt or Whitelist ( so you need one of each item you don't want/want )

It has a UBER LARGE BUFFER!!!! But how much needs filling before it will start working and how much does it use to teleport 1 item?

Anyone know anything else about it to let others understand?

• I played around with it in creative so far.

• It needs a redstone signal.
    • It needs power.
    • It puts items into the next valid inventory.
    • You need a OD/OV Scanner. The higher Tier one gives a greater area(don't know the numbers out of my head)
    • You can use Overclocker Upgrades to speed it up. Inserting them while it is running will break it and you will have to break and replace the miner for it to work again. (Gonna submit a bug report as soon as steam cycle is fully implemented, don't want to distract Thunderdark ;) )
    • For the Whitelist/Blacklist you need to put the item in, that would be mined. For example cobblestone to blacklist stone mining (assuming SilkTouch is disabled). I'll make some suggestions regarding the Adv. Miner later (after steam cycle, you know)
    • The whitelist works as inventory, i.e. it stores the items you put in there. (Not like AE2 Import/Export Bus)

Do you have some more questions?

• Also, the "uber buffer" is because a MFE is part of the recipe.

I played around with it in creative so far.

• It needs a redstone signal.
    • It needs power.
    • It puts items into the next valid inventory.
    • You need a OD/OV Scanner. The higher Tier one gives a greater area(don't know the numbers out of my head)
    • You can use Overclocker Upgrades to speed it up. Inserting them while it is running will break it and you will have to break and replace the miner for it to work again. (Gonna submit a bug report as soon as steam cycle is fully implemented, don't want to distract Thunderdark ;) )
    • For the Whitelist/Blacklist you need to put the item in, that would be mined. For example cobblestone to blacklist stone mining (assuming SilkTouch is disabled). I'll make some suggestions regarding the Adv. Miner later (after steam cycle, you know)
    • The whitelist works as inventory, i.e. it stores the items you put in there. (Not like AE2 Import/Export Bus)

Do you have some more questions?

not caring about overclocker :) i usually setup and leave the miners to run w/o me being there.

I presume it still spits out to the side in a box.. and does not need a pump?
    I wonder if it can be told to mine water and lava and allow collecting somehow?

I will play with it tonight on creative since i want to learn more :)

What suggestions do you have?

Also, the "uber buffer" is because a MFE is part of the recipe.

does it need to fill up before it will work?

so on a creative game i put it down.. gave it full power.. put items in white list and turned it on... I see cords changing at times.. other times it just sits there.. and the scanner gaining/loosing power but nothing

but no filling of anything

• Ideas i have for changes/improvements:

When mining blocks with inventory, return block + inventory instead of dropping inventory to the ground.
    The way the adv. miner works currently is, that each miner tick, it checks one block. If it is not on blacklist/is on whitelist it will mine it. Thats great, but slow. Since the thing is damn expensive and has the ability to 1. teleport and 2. locate ores(Scanner) it would be more logical to me, if it jumped to the blocks it can mine instead of checking every block. In that case the speed could be slowed down even more. The thing i liked about the normal miner was the way it mined ores. Instead of just making a big hole like the quarry does, it mined towards the ores. At the moment the adv. miner is just a configurable ic2 quarry which is cool, but there is nothing that makes the adv. miner exceptionally better and i would like it to be something really cool.

• Ideas i have for changes/improvements:

When mining blocks with inventory, return block + inventory instead of dropping inventory to the ground.
    The way the adv. miner works currently is, that each miner tick, it checks one block. If it is not on blacklist/is on whitelist it will mine it. Thats great, but slow. Since the thing is damn expensive and has the ability to 1. teleport and 2. locate ores(Scanner) it would be more logical to me, if it jumped to the blocks it can mine instead of checking every block. In that case the speed could be slowed down even more. The thing i liked about the normal miner was the way it mined ores. Instead of just making a big hole like the quarry does, it mined towards the ores. At the moment the adv. miner is just a configurable ic2 quarry which is cool, but there is nothing that makes the adv. miner exceptionally better and i would like it to be something really cool.

agreed. i don't mind it being slow.. i do mind it not working or not telling me anything :/