Early game IC2 only?

• Hey guys,

what do you think is the best way to play the early game the IC2 way?

I would consider it early game until one has the first working reactor and plenty of energy.

In which order would you build the neccessary machines and what generator would you use?

Do you think it is worth it creating biogas with the fermenter now and use that as fuel for generators? How would one heat the Fermenter?

It would be cool, to hear your opinions on this and see some discussion how to approach IC2 with all the new changes. The first steps wiki guide is pretty outdated by now...

• Official Post

Do you think it is worth it creating biogas with the fermenter now and use that as fuel for generators?

Yes. Biogas is an amazing fuel, so as long as you have a source of saplings/leaves/other plant matter, you'll never hit problems with it.

In which order would you build the neccessary machines

That's very much down to how much rubber you have. If you are struggling for it, an extractor first. If you're ok, macerator to double ores, then extractor, then furnace, compressor or metal former. IMO.

what do you think is the best way to play the early game the IC2 way?

Don't start then find you've run out of iron. Having a decent amount of raw resources is crucial.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.