Kinetic Steam Generator error, dev please help...

• So I have the normal Steam Generator, heated by Electric heat Generator. Water is constantly pumped in, constant heat is supplied. I set water output to 1mb/tick. The steam generator starts to heat up, output says 'Water', when the heat reaches some point, output starts flicker WATER/STEAM. I see steam everywhere bursting, so I raise the bar amount and it heats up further, steaming stops, output says water again. Then again after some point is reached, it starts bursting with steam and flickering of the output occurs. When I lower the bar amount, it starts to cool down and during cooling the output is constant STEAM. Then I attach the pipe, steam go into the Kinetic Steam Generator.

It already has the turbine inside, it says 'Turbine stand by', but I see error/warning sign that says 'RECOGNIZE CONDENSTION ON TURBINE SLOWING DOWN'. I don't know what that means, can't make it work. Like the steam is not entering the generator at all.

Developers or anyone else, how to make it work? Is it a bug or I do something wrong.

• Official Post

It already has the turbine inside, it says 'Turbine stand by', but I see error/warning sign that says 'RECOGNIZE CONDENSTION ON TURBINE SLOWING DOWN'. I don't know what that means, can't make it work. Like the steam is not entering the generator at all.

Put the turbine right next to the steam generator. That "condensation" thing is that water starts to accumulate in the turbine, and thus needs an ejector upgrade to remove it (and send back to the system). Also, you need a condensator next to the turbine so it can convert exhaust steam into destilled water (again send back to the system).

Also, if this is not obvious, using electric heat generators for steam production is totally pointless, unless IC2 steam can be used to power steam engines or other power system.

• Turns out I just oriented the Kinetic Steam Gen in a wrong way - it has to touch the steam generator or a pipe with the 4-turbines side. I started to generate EU already. Thank you.

I may just not notice something, but I have to ask why this is pointless setup? I use 1 Electric Heat Generator, which uses very little EU to keep the boiler at constant 100C. In effect, with clean turbine I noticed 50EU/t coming back to my MFSU.
    Did I miss something? :)

• Also 2 questions:
    - How do I put distilled water back in the system when I have a full boiler of normal water pumped in?
    - WHy when I turn off the heat generator, the boiler remains at 100C? The temp is not dropping, only the output changes to water.

• Official Post

You can't, you have to remove the generator (or boil all the water inside it) and use distilled water.
    The temperature will lower down after some time. If it doesn't, it could be a bug.

Also, EU -> heat -> EU is ineffective. You're losing energy.

• I'll just be polite and change my heat source for something else :) Thank you for the support.
    It's already 20 minutes, still 100C. maybe really a minor bug. But the output changes correctly. However, in the very second I connect the heat source back, the steam is being produced. So the temp is really physically not dropping.

One more question.
    I have a condenser now full with distilled water. If I wrench it, will the water and steam be gone, or stay like EU in storage blocks?