Cross breeding from 4 plants?

• I know when crossbreeding the stats of the parent plants effect that plant. I was wondering if trying to cross breed a plant by 4 plants in like a plus sign would effect it or would it just still choose 2 of the plants only as it's parents?

Also how do you get stats up as mine seem to be always random and I don't use weed ex at all an break weeds as soon as I see them and never cross breed if I'm not there to watch. I also always furtalize my plants yet I had 2 parent plants with stats of 2 3 2 and the cross bred plant came out as 0 0 2

• Official Post

Crossbreeding from 4 plants would randomly choose two of them to be the parent.
    Stats are based on parent stats +-2. Thus you can get better or worse plants. Separate the goodies, plant them again and repeat until you have crops with decent stats.
    Note that crops with high stats need good environment (or cropmatron fertilizer and hydration aid).

• Crossbreeding from 4 plants would randomly choose two of them to be the parent.
    Stats are based on parent stats +-2. Thus you can get better or worse plants. Separate the goodies, plant them again and repeat until you have crops with decent stats.
    Note that crops with high stats need good environment (or cropmatron fertilizer and hydration aid).

Ok I'm using a cropmatron to fertilize. But do I still need to use hydration aid as the plot is always wet with water nearby?

• You do, but not the cropmatron can accept water as a liquid in order to hydrate, so you can put a pump and infinite water source right below it

Did you mean "note" instead of "not" the cropmatron?

If so, I didn't know you could pipe water in now. Fantastic :)