Difference between life and Industrial Craft 2 or GregTech

• SO. 1 block of iron is 9 ingots.
    1 plate of iron is 1 ingot. That means, if 1 plate has a side of 1 meter (1 block) length, it has thickness:
    1000 mm / 9 = 111 mm
    So it must looks like this:

• in RL, blast furnaces are (i think) a littlebit bigger then one m³.(IC² exp)

In RL, conveyors don't use about half a m³(rough estimation) of rubber, plus 10 ingots=a littlebit more than one m³ of metal for 1 meter of transportation.(GT)

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• in RL, blast furnaces are (i think) a littlebit bigger then one m³.(IC² exp)

In RL, conveyors don't use about half a m³(rough estimation) of rubber, plus 10 ingots=a littlebit more than one m³ of metal for 1 meter of transportation.(GT)

In real life blast furnaces are even bigger, than in GT (and more complex as well) :

And speaking about all crafting in general is a bit...useless. Mainly because of 3x3 crafting grid.

• In real life blast furnaces are even bigger, than in GT (and more complex as well) :
    Spoiler Spoiler

what part of it is the actual blast furnace, and what all the stuff you need to run one, but which isn't actually the blast furnace?

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• what part of it is the actual blast furnace, and what all the stuff you need to run one, but which isn't actually the blast furnace?

Answer for your question:

Parts are shown here:

Blast furnace placed in an installation
    1. Iron ore + limestone sinter
    2. Coke
    3. Elevator
    4. Feedstock inlet
    5. Layer of coke
    6. Layer of sinter pellets of ore and limestone
    7. Hot blast (around 1200 °C)
    8. Removal of slag
    9. Tapping of molten pig iron
    10. Slag pot
    11. Torpedo car for pig iron
    12. Dust cyclone for separation of solid particles
    13. Cowper stoves for hot blast
    14. Smoke outlet (can be redirected to carbon capture & storage (CCS) tank)
    15: Feed air for Cowper stoves (air pre-heaters)
    16. Powdered coal
    17. Coke oven
    18. Coke
    19. Blast furnace gas downcomer
    (Copied from wikipedia)
    You might reading this article about RL steel processing. Also wikipedia provides some basic information about it.

Additionally to thread, in RL stopping blast furnaces means big energy losses and can be done 1-2 times in 1-3 years to maintain/change parts of it.