'Cant find where to turn off 'easy plant combine mode' in IC2

• Official Post

Are you sure this was ever a config option? I never remember it

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• There was something like '100% chance of getting new plant'. * Mb i was thinking of forestry's config option.

# change beekeeping modes here. possible values EASY, NORMAL, HARD, HARDCORE, INSANE. mods may add additional modes.
    beekeeping.mode=NORMAL

Well my problem is that im getting randomnly all different plants from reed+reed (ferru, coffee, red wheat, mushrooms, flowers) but not rubber reed or simple reed

• Official Post

IC² plants will always yield random (but weighted towards parent plants) crops on crossbreed. That won't change because of forestry.

Also, there never was such option. I'm sure of that.

Maybe in the future (whenever, if) thunderdark will change that to a more forestry-like approach of breeding. Don't expect it anytime soon though.

• Official Post

Each crop has it's own internal value, and depending on where that value falls over a range determines what type of crop it is, at least it did in 1.2.5. If the reeds are already close to wheat range (AKA, already crossbread a bit/lot), then you could end up with a lot of wheat plants as the random odds just happen to have the cross breeds fall there. If they were newly planed reeds, then I can only assume you're really unlucky (or lucky, depends on opinion) or there's a bug somewhere in that mechanic. Crops have this "feature" of being really really hard to see the internal data of to see if it's a bug or just not your luck.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

IC2 crops are wonderful like that. You might have spawned in a desert with only a few reeds, but suddenly you can grow every other plant and more, just from those reeds.

I see this too much.

• But i cant obtain better parametrs of specific plant with this bug.
    Cause i have no idea which plant appears :D
    Btw does crop-matron need simple water?

• Official Post

But i cant obtain better parametrs of specific plant with this bug.
    Cause i have no idea which plant appears :D

I can see why that'd be an issue :P

Btw does crop-matron need simple water?

Yes, since hydration cells are impossible to renewablely generate without Gregtech/ProjectE/Tin reproducing mod, Thunderdark changed it to just use water

I see this too much.