better resource packs

• Could somebody please make a resource pack that DOESN'T include dark, medieval textures? Is that really too much to ask? I won't get any more resource packs until I find one that's light AND modern.

• It might be easier for someone here to help you find one if you give some examples of the resource packs you've tried already, so we can understand what you mean by "medieval" textures, and avoid suggesting ones you've already rejected.

• What I mean by medieval is something like Atherys Ascended. It's dark and the "realistic" textures are ugly for me. I want something that commbines Industrialcraft with Minecraftand still works with other mods, like Metallurgy so the ore background works with the stone texture. Do you have any suggestions? (P.S. I have thermal foundation, extra utilities, and buildcraft to name a few of the 60 or 70-something mods I use.)

• I want something that keeps the original style of Minecraft but also making it a little different, like leaving stone pretty much the same while making bedrock completely black. I also want a little bit of a whimsical side.

• Looking at the screenshot at http://atherys.com/pack, I can somewhat understand calling it "medieval", but I don't quite understand what you mean about it being "dark".

Personally, I use PureBDCraft (and patches for mods). I'd say it qualifies as "whimsical", and there are lots of patches for mods to give them matching textures (the search box at the top tends to be more effective than the list found at the "Patches" link), though it doesn't exactly keep the original style of Minecraft, and there are a couple things to be cautious of:
    1. sometimes there will be more than one thread for a given mod, and some of those threads will only have downloads for older versions of Minecraft.
    2. many of the downloads are through adf.ly links, but if you have AdBlock Plus, or stay careful to use the "skip ad" link that appears in the upper right corner after a few seconds and ignore any links that are part of ads, that won't be a big deal.

As far as keeping the original style of Minecraft, that's what the Faithful pack claims to do, and there is a link to matching packs for mods, though I don't see Metallurgy or Thermal Foundation listed (a forum or Google search might turn up some unofficial "faithful" packs for them, I haven't checked). I haven't tried this pack myself, since I prefer to use a small list of mods and 128x or higher textures.

• Thanks for recommending the faithful pack. If you look at Atherys Ascended's creeper, and vompare it to vanilla, it's dark.

• Alex, just wanted to tell you that the last few threads on this forum have been really immature sounding. I hope that your intention isn't to come off whiny and begging, but it sure seems like it. You have good ideas, just you may want to work on communicating your concerns.

• Ok. I get what you mean, but I'm not whining about it. I'm simply saying I don't like certain resource packs.