Suggestion energy storage

• so, today, I accidentally went and removed my LV transformer from my wiring system and replaced it with a MV transformver, It blew up MANY HOURS OF HARD WORK, so here's a solution I came up with:
    a new block MinecraftSheep
    what its called: MEUS (multi-energy-unit-storage)
    how it works:
    the MEUS takes power from all sides except for its output side, that's wrenchable to change what way its facing and ect.
    the MEUS itself has NO ENERGY STORAGE WHATSOEVER!!!
    "but, what use is it if it doesn't store energy?"
    when rightclicked, it brings up a GUI with a 12 slot invintory and an 'output slot'
    now, when you place energy storage units 'RE batteries, energy crystals, lapatorn, ect.' into the MEUS, it uses those items to store/dispense energy.
    "so whats the output slot for?"
    im getting to that...
    the output slot would determine what voltage of electricity would be coming from the MEUS out of its output face!
    thank you
    (RE battery=low voltage, energy crystal=med. voltage, lapaton crystal=high voltage,and whenever the devs come up with tier 4 energy storage items, one of those in the output slot would make it send out extreme voltage. oh, and no output slot item=no output ;) )

pros!
    +easy to configure
    +never have to take out/place another block to change the output!
    +somewhere other than a chest to store all your high-tech crystals and lame-tin-batteries! (yeah I just dissed RE batteries HAYO)

cons!
    -lower energy storage than other units (batboxes, MFSUs, MFUs, ect.)
    -only takes low voltage

"what!?! only low voltage!?!" :cursing:
    yes, I know you sneaky troll scientists, just waiting to make infinite energy in minecraft. HAYO 8o

"WAIT YOU HAVEN'T SAID ANYTHING ABOUT A RECIPE!!!" ;(

fine, heres a recipe I whipped up.

"FFFFFFFFFFFFFF-" :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    calm your rage, bro, heres a more reasonable recipe.

note to self:

*if your so low-tech as to not have steel, you can substitute it for refined iron.
    this may cause your crafting table to explode and spawn bipedal ghasts that will take over minecraftia

• Soo... something similar to this?

heh, I never looked in the add-ons section of the forum :S
    but, from what I can gather, that simply charges tools/smaller batteries from a single battery-unit.
    what im suggesting is a transformer/energy storage box combo that can be upgraded as you advance up the tech tree and make better batteries...

• I have a reply in that thread on page 2 suggesting something similiar : http://forum.industrial-craft.…ead&threadID=929&pageNo=2

Currently the most recent reply. Is that what you're talking about?

He's talking about a modular energy storage device, one that you can throw your spare batteries and energy/lapotron crystals into and use like a Batbox or an MFE Transmitter. The alternate effects being that your crystals and batteries become charged, but taking them out also removes their storage from the unit's capacity.

I think this is an all-around great idea and can see this as a replacement to our current energy storage devices. Not necessarily with the same recipe or number of slots that Hotbread came up with, mind you, but the concept is sound. Instead of having 3 different blocks for your energy storage, you have just ONE block and put better batteries in them and perhaps put in a transformer to change the voltage I/O. It's quite versatile, and you can tech it up by replacing the storage with better, higher-capacity components.

• He's talking about a modular energy storage device, one that you can throw your spare batteries and energy/lapotron crystals into and use like a Batbox or an MFE Transmitter. The alternate effects being that your crystals and batteries become charged, but taking them out also removes their storage from the unit's capacity.

I think this is an all-around great idea and can see this as a replacement to our current energy storage devices. Not necessarily with the same recipe or number of slots that Hotbread came up with, mind you, but the concept is sound. Instead of having 3 different blocks for your energy storage, you have just ONE block and put better batteries in them and perhaps put in a transformer to change the voltage I/O. It's quite versatile, and you can tech it up by replacing the storage with better, higher-capacity components.

I thank you, good sir, for digging through all my clumsy writing and finding the true core of what im trying to get at, and then refining and expanding on it.
    diamonds for you.
    wait... wheres the diamond smiley!?

• Sounds like you just want to dumb down the entire power infrastructure into a single block that can do everything.

I don't think it would be dumbing it down at all. You still have to provide wire that can handle the different voltages, as well as provide materials to up the voltage and storage capacity, and change the face of the output with wrenches.

Dumbing it down would mean having 1 block handle everything automatically without any user input.