[Suggestion] Extend heat exchanger

• The name 'Heat Exchanger' implies exchanging heat, and the machine does this with a fluid. I propose adding a button to switch input/output (not unlike the canning machine) or auto-detect if heat is being put in or if the fluid put in is hot or cold. Exchange heat, don't just extract it. Or give the machine a different name, as it is misleading to say the least.

• Official Post

We've discuses this before (although that was like a year ago), why would you ever want to heat fluids up again?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Steam Boiler is for that. A kettle does not cool down your tea at the flick of a button.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Just makes sense given the level of realism IC2 has reached, not to mention the level of freedom for the player thinking up all sorts of new designs and the level of control it would add to designs depending on heat and the rate at which they can be heated without having to resort to steam or nuclear power.

I know that hot coolant is supposed to be a lot hotter than steam for all intends and purposes, but looking at how radiators and climate control systems work and given the current base rate of the fermenter for instance I can think up several implementations within the same level of realism the mod has been designed around for the past few years.

Energy transfer without the lossness of cables over distance is just one simple example. Course you'd still experience loss by heating up but still.
    Reheat left over Pahoehoe maybe?

Allow the seperation of the fermenter or blast furnace from the heaters is actually my main concern. That and the fact that a 2 dimensional system seems 1 dimensional with only hot-to-cold transfer.