Hi everyone, I'm really digging GT, but the lack of documentation and conflicting documentation is killing me. I hope I'm putting this request in the right place; if I'm not, feel free to move it, naturally. I'll start with the questions and move on to a general description of my setup, and its particular problems.
1) FTB wiki lists a maximum of 1600 steam consumption per tick. Is this still true?
2) The same source also states you MUST supply 1600 steam per tick, or it stalls and you get no power. Is that accurate? If so, does that mean any turbine rotor that isn't optimal at 32k L/second is worthless?
3) Several things I've read suggest that you have to use tesseracts and liquiducts to supply enough steam to the turbine. I currently use 2 huge steel pipes, rated at 19200 L/sec. They should, theoretically, properly shuttered, be able to move 1920 L/sec in total. Is that incorrect?
On to a general description of my woes: I have a turbine set up such that there are 2 inputs, and 1 dynamo hatch. The front panel tells me that everything is "running perfectly". I have 2 bronze large boilers feeding it via huge steel pipes. 1 of the pipes is 1 block long, and the other is 2 blocks long. Both boilers work perfectly fine with Advanced Steam Turbines attached. 2 large bronze boilers should create, at peak, 1600 L/tick of steam, thereby maxing out the turbine (maybe?). I've checked the inputs to confirm the turbine is receiving steam. When I run the turbine, it will run for two to three minutes before suddenly stopping and consuming a full durability turbine rotor. As in, a turbine rotor will go from 25k durability to non-existence in the blink of an eye. Until that point, the front 3x3 turbine animation is spinning, the console reports running perfectly, and things seem generally happy. The second problem is that while all this is going on, zero power is being output from the dynamo hatch. For testing purposes, it is hooked up directly to a battery buffer of appropriate voltage containing 2 empty batteries.
1) Why is my turbine rotor disappearing? I was under the impression it takes days to consume a blade.
2) Why is my turbine outputting zero power?
If you've made it this far, thanks for reading. I appreciate any help, answers or guidance you may be able to provide.