Issues with Ore Generation - Gregtech 6

• I was attempting to assemble my own modpack for use with my wife on our little home LAN. While playing Gregtech 6.00.60, we noticed rather quickly that as opposed to Gregtech 5, Iron ore even in its cluster of Brown/Yellow Limonite, Malachite, and Banded Iron did not seem to spawn at all. Previously in Gregtech 5 caving for a while resulted in a few veins, as well as copper veins. However, in Gregtech 6, all I find is Talc veins and the occasional Redstone/Ruby vein. It's all Talc!

I have never even come across a small Iron ore vein. Magnitite spawns normally. I do have several other mods installed along side of Gregtech, but none of them were known to have heavy conflicts (at least from the documentation that I could find). I thought I had turned off all the world generation features for the mods leaving Gregtech as the sole ore generating source. I did leave Thaumcraft aspect's on though. I eventually broke down and tried to control ore generation via Custom Ore Gen.

ic2 version : 2.2.796
    Gregtech : 60.00.60
    Custom Ore Gen : 1.2.24
    Forge : 10.13.4.1566

I do not have heavy experience modding, but I desperately want to play Gregtech 6, but it is frustrating not to know what I am doing wrong with regards to the ore generation.

• Official Post

Have you tried looking at other places? Most ores generate at different heights. But I kinda don't believe that there is only Talc and Redstone. Maybe you just had terrible luck. You could try to generate a world in creative and check if you find ores that way, so that you can see if it is a luck issue or an actual one. ;)

• You may looking to deep when caving, take a look at your worldgeneration.cfg to look for the spawn heights, you may try to run to a dessert to look for ores as well, sand ore are quite easy to extract.

• Hmm, I was in creative, but it's possible that it might be luck. I will try to be a bit more thorough with this world. I had basically caved/borrowed while in creative in several biomes searching for it across 3-4 worlds.

I did see tungsten at one point, but still no iron.

I was searching between 10 and 40 for iron/limonite/malachite.

I'll give it another shot tonight and see what I can find.

• Well, with Custom Ore Gen turned off and all of the other mods config'd to not spawn, I finally found a vein. It still took me close to 45 minutes of creative TNT'ing around 50-20, but it does spawn.

Thanks for the suggestions, and my bad.

Looking forward to more of Gregtech 6!