Config - purging

• Hey
    I have a modpack with ic2, gregtech, hunger overhaul, spice of life etc... The IC2 tin cans filled with food are unaffected by the food nerfs and are way too op, the only real way of balancing is to disable them. I was looking through the IC2 onfig file and found

So I put in purge = IC2:itemTinCanFilled but it doesn't seem to be working.
    Could somebody help me out and explain why?

• Official Post

That only purges crafting recipes, not entire items.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I know, but does it only disable recipes in the crafting table ? since there is another way (right above this one)

I figured this purging method would also disable machine recipes.

• Official Post

The one above is this:

Disable IC2 crafting recipes with the specified output

Compared to the one below:

Purge crafting recipes with the specified output

I expect you could copy the canning machine recipe files and comment out the food can ones, but I'm not sure if the solid one has a recipe file

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.