Support Request: Unable to get IC running

• I have followed all of the instructions as I understood them and it is not working. This leads me to believe it is a possible clash with another mod?

Currenty I am only only running one other mod and that is build craft. Is it possible that build craft is clashing?

• just to update. I forced my minecraft.jar back to default and installed just this mod with ModLoader and ModLoaderMP (Flan's) and nothing... kind of bummed, this looked interesting and even more so if will work with build craft.

• I deleted the entire .minecraft folder and restored it to the default. The way I understand the directions I am to copy all four folders into the minecraft.jar file. Then I am supposed to modify the config file and place a copy of it in ./minecraft/bin and .minecraft/

What am I missing here? Should i post a copy of my minecraft.jar for you?

• Official Post

I deleted the entire .minecraft folder and restored it to the default. The way I understand the directions I am to copy all four folders into the minecraft.jar file. Then I am supposed to modify the config file and place a copy of it in ./minecraft/bin and .minecraft/

What am I missing here? Should i post a copy of my minecraft.jar for you?

Hmm.... Have you tried these instructions to install IC (Making sure you're using Flan's version of ModloaderMP)? And are you copying the buildcraft zips (as a whole) into your mods folder?

And no, you shouldn't post a copy of your minecraft.jar file.

If the information I just gave you doesn't help. Walk me through Step by step what you've done.

• right now I am concerned with getting IC running.

Step 1: Forced an update to minecraft to reset my minecraft.jar
    Step 2: Downloaded and installed ModLoader
    Step 3: Downloaded and installed Flan's ModLoaderMP
    Step 4: Deleted META-INF Folder from Minecraft.jar
    Step 5: Downloaded latest version of IndustrialCraft
    Step 6: Copyed the 4 folders into the minecraft.jar, including the server folder.
    Step 7: Closed minecraft.jar
    Step 8: Copied the IndustrialCraftConfig.txt to the ./minecraft/bin folder
    Step 9: Removed the two comments on enableNano and enableMineableOre
    Step 10: Copied the IndustrialCraftConfig.txt to .minecraft/ folder.
    Step 11: Ran Minecraft
    Step 12: Created a new world with a random seed
    Step 13: Mined trees to make a crafting table
    Step 14: attempted to make a tree tap and failed.

The recipe doesn't show up and I know I am doing it right, because I have the guide open as well.

• Official Post

removed it and still nothing. I am heading to work, so I will pick this up later and hopefully we can solve it. I really want to use this mod

Follow the tutorial for installation that I posted and you shouldn't have an issue installing it (If you're using Flan's MLMP).

• I must of misread everything, but this time around I saw it said the contents of each folder while preserving the sub-folders for minecraft. Now it is up and running. Too bad buildcraft will interfere with this, but only thing I really found great about buildcraft was the vacuum tubes and the cusomizable quarries. I think this one will be far better with the richness of recipes and content. Thank you for all of your help, now with my friend joining Minecraft I will probably have to set us a server up soon.