Suggestion: Advanced Energy storage unit

• Name:
    Advanced Energy Storage Unit

Description:
    There is no easy way, other than using a massive number of batteries, or setting up a temporary HV line, to relocate your base AND your energy, or to otherwise transport a large amount of energy in a small area.
    this Advanced Energy storage unit would be able to hold a full 300k EU, by making use of the high capacity of energy crystals. However, to balance their ability to have only 10 of them empty a full MFSU transmitter, they are not 100% efficient, and thus will only return 280k energy when you place them back in an MFSU.

Recipe:
    E = energy crystal, W = cable, A - advanced Circuit.
    EWE
    EAE
    EEE

• Recipe is much too demanding.

Also, if you really have the need to move that much energy, your collection system must be so perfect that you can just refill it easily.

• Official Post

Recipe is much too demanding.

Also, if you really have the need to move that much energy, your collection system must be so perfect that you can just refill it easily.

I kinda like the idea, except for the 93.333333(etc)% efficiency. I would like to transfer energy en mass to the nether, without making several trips with inventories full of batteries... I know Al's mentioned something about making an Energy Storage Device, which it's only purpose is to move power from an MFE/MFSU to another one (And we may not even need it if Al gets the Nether Tech done when he's on Summer Holidays from Uni).

• I kinda like the idea, except for the 93.333333(etc)% efficiency. I would like to transfer energy en mass to the nether, without making several trips with inventories full of batteries... I know Al's mentioned something about making an Energy Storage Device, which it's only purpose is to move power from an MFE/MFSU to another one (And we may not even need it if Al gets the Nether Tech done when he's on Summer Holidays from Uni).

The nether? I would think miners + geos in the nether would supply you with all the power you would ever need.

• Official Post

The nether? I would think miners + geos in the nether would supply you with all the power you would ever need.

Geos aren't "Free Energy" anymore, thus will need some tending to eventually. Also, going to the nether was just an example, like getting your foot-hold there. It could be the other way around, transferring from your geo farm.

• Geos aren't "Free Energy" anymore, thus will need some tending to eventually. Also, going to the nether was just an example, like getting your foot-hold there. It could be the other way around, transferring from your geo farm.

Possibly, as I simply don't believe that Al can code a Nether-Normal world energy transport system.

• Traveling between dimensions unloads the non-active world's chunks. Thus "Freezing" everything.

Thats exactly what I mean, we need a larger energy storage system because interdimensional wires are impossible.

Is it possible to have a chest that works like the mobile charger? That way we could hold mass amounts of items just in our inventory.