Fluid reactor and steam generation issues.

• First of all, forgive me if there is another thread here with the answer. I did search and read before I posted this, but I didn't find any.

Anyway, Hi guys. Glad to be here on the IC2 forums and look forward to some shenanigans.

I'm currently playing FTB Infinity Evolved, but am primarily focusing on getting the IC2 stuff working. I'm trying to get a fluid reactor going but I'm running into some issues. I'll try and keep it as brief as possible, but I will get into as much detail as needed with the test reactor I have going.

Here is my setup:

It's fairly simple. Hot Coolant gets ejected into two fluid distributors which then place that into two liquid head exchanges, which then pass that onto a Steam generator. Setup for the steam generator is 1 mB of fluid and 221 Bar with 200 Hu/t input (enough to make superheated steam). That gets pushed through the two turbines to finish at the condenser at the end. Each setup has 8000 units of distilled water in it, fluid ejector upgrades in the liquid head exchangers, steam turbines and condensers.

Here's what the reactor core looks like at the moment. It generates 400 Hu/t but I am planning to upgrade it to a 1200 Hu/t setup once I get these issues sorted.

In all ways, it is the same as in this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV-TnV9YU2I

Some of the problems I have are:

- In the video, the steam generator does not push fluid out until superheated steam is made. Mine do, filling up the steam turbines, preventing me from producing power, despite the fact that fluid ejector upgrades are in the machines themselves.

- I'm not sure of the correct level of coolant to put in this system to keep it balanced. Either I have too little or too much.

There may be some others, but I have forgotten them. I'll update the thread as I go.

What should I do? What am I missing. Let me know ;)

If you need more info or pics, just ask and I will get them sharpish.

Stealthy.

• Official Post

The Steam Generator will always output if it's set to more than 0mb/t, no matter how hot it is (which is probably a little silly of it), so your best bet is to wait for it to heat up to 374 C at 0mb/t then increase it to 1 mb/t. The other issue I can see is that the distilled water that the second steam turbine and the condenser will collect doesn't have anywhere to go, you're going to want some way to get it back into the steam generator or their internal tanks will fill and break the system.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Sounds good! Any ideas? I just tried something and it failed dramatically (2nd turbine still filled with f**cking water)

• Official Post

Normally you'd just recycle the water from the turbines into the steam generator, as it should be able to be a closed loop. Distilled Water also avoids the steam generator from calcifying.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.