[questions] Energy loses, wiring and advices

• Hello everyone, i'm Gjrud and this is my first post here.

I downloaded this awesome mod two days ago and I have few questions about the electric system:

1) I read on the wiki that insulated copper cables lose 0.2EU every block and that the energy lost is rounded down at the end of the cable, does it mean that if I place a four blocks long insulated copper cable I don't lose any EU?

2) if, for example, I make a 60 blocks long chain of batboxes and each of it is connected to the next one with a a 4 blocks long copper cable does it lose any energy?

3)If I have this system:
    S_._._._S
    .....|
    .....|
    ....[.]
    .....|

Where "_" and "|" are cables, "[.]" is a batbox (the input is the top, the output the bottom) and "S" are solar panels, is there any energy lost? I have this question because from each panel to the batbox there are 4 pieces, but the entire cable is 6 blocks long.

Last question, I Supposed that there is no energy lost in each case above and made this design for a roof made of solar panels:

Am I correct? (the blue arrows are the direction of the output, the batboxe at the bottom center sends the output inside the house, Solar panels are placed on top of everything).

Have I overcomplicated it? (I wanted a flat design 13x13).

I apologize for my English.

• well there is no energy loss, BUT the batboxes can only output 32 EU/t (32 solars) that means if it recive more then 32 eu/t, say 2 times 32/EU/t = 64 EU/t
    then the extra 32 EU will just sit in your batbox and do nothing.

• If you wanted the same flat design but with no bottle-necking try this -> Clicky!

Note the gold cables branching out from the MFE and MV Transformer.
    Output is HV because the whole array generates a total of 169 EU/t.

Edit: Don't forget to put redstone torches under those transformers ;)

• I would suggest the following (though it's not completely flat, it would need either another level of outer walls, or you will have to look at the cables in your ceiling)
    I used batbox as the output, but you can use a LV transformer and throw in 3 extra panels (otherwise BB will become a bottleneck).

And tin cables are great for the roof because as long as there's current flowing through it, they will damage everything in 1 block radius, making your roof free of spiders.
    They don't require rubber as well.