questions concerning my energy setup

• Hello,

I just started playing with ic2 (1.10.2) a few days ago and I wanted to know if what I set up right now is good or if I somehow managed to do something wrong or not as good as I could.

My setup is the following:

I have two water towers with an CESU at the bottom of each one. The cable up is insulated tin and they are about 20 blocks high (haven't counted). The CESU of the second is wired to the CESU of the first with fiber cable, the CESU of the first tower is connected to an LV-Transformer. So far I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything to sub optimal. Where I'm not sure is the following bit.

The LV-Transformer is connected to 5 batboxes because I kept running low on energy when actually using my machines so I have additional energy storage for when I actually use them. All 5 batboxes are wired with one insulated tin cable. That's the first point I'm not sure of. Is it better to connect 2 of them with an additional cable or do I use something other than tin? I'm still not to sure how the cables work. I do know that tin can transport up to 32EU/t but I'm not sure if the cable limits the energy flow to the bat boxes.

From those 5 batboxes I run another tin cable to my machine wall where I just stacked tin cable 3 height and six wide to power all my machines. Here the same question than with the batboxes, do I limit the EU somehow through only using one cable to connect all?

Machines I have right now are 2 ore washing plants, one thermal centrifuge, one compressor, one extractor, a block cutter, a metal former, a pump for the ore washing plants, a macerator, a blast furnace with electric heater (2 coils right now) and an electric furnace. Before the last new water mills I ran out of energy within 10 minutes of using both ore washers, not sure what happens right now but I don't think it will last much longer now.

Is it somehow feasible to run on water towers, do I just need more of them or need even higher ones or should I put a few solar generators on top of them to help. Is there any way I can improve my energy setup, like use other cables? I'd like to only use maintenance free energy sources because I don't like relying on fuel or any other material that can run out. What I have now is a huge step up from my first try which is still running to power (or not power) my chunkloader. My first try was a wind mill and two solar panels connected to a batbox with tin cable and the batbox connected to the chunkloader. It would work if I only load two chunks but my base is 3 and a bit chunks big and I need at least 3. Right now that works at day when it's not raining but at night it only works every few seconds. I can't connect the chunkloader to the newer net before I'm not sure I can power it there because as crappy as the firtst try is, at least during daytime the chunk stays loaded.

EDIT: I did a testrun just now, all CESU and batboxes were full, not even 5 minutes and the 5 batboxes were empty and while the CESU still had energy the machines only get a small tickle. Any suggestions how I can improve that?

I do hope you have a few suggestions for improvement for me. I'm always trying to learn.

Daenara