my first design (+question)

• Hey everybody,

first of all i'm new here and in IC², so don't hit me ;) i also apologize my bad english :)

so now we can start(and yes i read the tutorial):
    i want to create two reaktors with max output EU/t and less ressource uses(at least no braking of components) and the cooldown time ist equal or less then the running time

So i'm looking for a Mark II or III reaktor with these specifications above.

i want to run one reactor and at the same time the second one cool down. that the reason the coldown time should be equal to the running time

The first design i found was the Mark II-1 B reactor from this thread if i'm right it has a running time of ~2h 30min (10000s?) and have a cooling time of 1h 15mins... with 60eu/t

it sounds good, but in my opinion this design waste potential with running two reactors because the cooldown time is half of the runing time, thats the reason i'm loocking for a better design or maybe someone has one, it would be the best :)

another question is: what happend if I have a reactor with empty uranium cells and start these? I hope it is not danger and only doesn't work. I ask this, because if i forget the change of uranium cells and the reaktor starts automaticly I'm afraid that the reactor could blow up.

• That reactor is a pretty solid and effective one, you can always use Talonius' http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=1211 RedPower clock, to set a uptime and cooldown period closer to that of the reactor's capacity.

Uranium Cells last for 10'000 sec, or 2 Hours, 46 Min and 20 Sec.
    Used Uranium Cells will sometimes become Near-Depleted Cells, but these will only generate 1 heat and no energy, so your reactor will not melt down, once your Uranium Cells are spend.

• I don't get why you are looking for a reactor with a longer cooling time.

Uranium Cells last for 10'000 sec, or 2 Hours, 46 Min and 20 Sec.

and the design above requires 1 hour and 15 minutes to cool down you can make a system that runs a reactor (A) and after 1 hour, 23 minutes and 10 seconds (5000 seconds) turns on the other reactor (B). In this way you will have 2/3 of the time a reactor running and 1/3 of the time both turned on (Not exactly 1/3).

I can try to explain my idea with smiles xD:

:Reactor: :Reactor: = a full reactor cycle (2 hours, 46 minutes and 20 seconds)
    :Coolant Cell: = cool down period (1 hour, 23 minutes and 10 seconds)

Reactor A: :Reactor: :Reactor: :Coolant Cell: :Reactor: :Reactor: :Coolant Cell: :Reactor: :Reactor: :Coolant Cell:
    Reactor B: :Coolant Cell: :Reactor: :Reactor: :Coolant Cell: :Reactor: :Reactor: :Coolant Cell: :Reactor: :Reactor:

I apologize for my English.

• okey :) thats sound much better, but i have to built the circuit of 1 cycle and than a half cycle and that sounds difficult but i look at the other hint with the redpower...

thx for the hint :) both of you i try it the next days :)

• okey :) thats sound much better, but i have to built the circuit of 1 cycle and than a half cycle and that sounds difficult but i look at the other hint with the redpower...

thx for the hint :) both of you i try it the next days :)

I think it's much simple: you build the clock that is half cycle long, then you connect it to a switch circuit with three output(I don't know if it's right name, it basically cycle through N output each time is activated), the first one sends power to reactor A, the second one to both reactors and the last one to B (you invert the power at the reactor). Even without redpower should be quite compact: the switch circuit should be something like 6x4x4 (or 6x4x5) and the clock using piston shouldn't be so huge.

there is an example of the clock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…ature=channel_video_title
    and how accurate it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOg_k4T9DvQ