G1R Warcraft: IC2, project red, guns, ICBM, gregtech & much more!

• 1:1500 scale Earth map
    Factions based off current day countries
    Tangible Currency & Shops located in safe-zone towns
    Tech & Gun Mods to destroy your enemies
    PVP for that satisfying feeling of killing that one guy you don't like or blowing up someones base
    RPG aspects like quests and dungeons
    Skills to promote specialization between faction members
    Auto-Saves & Restarts to prevent roll-back and lag
    Custom Armor and Weapons

G1R Warcraft is a post apocalyptic fantasy server. The server uses a 1:1500 scaled map of the planet Earth which we all live on. People form factions named after modern day countries and form alliances and wage wars. Many tech mods are used along with weaponry mods and some fantasy mods but the main focus being advancing in technology so that you may manufacture materials to create guns and bombs. There is a mod-pack on the server website along with a installation video so there is no lengthy process of have to download all the mods yourself. Though this may be a PVP and Grief oriented server it is heavily influenced by RPG style attributes like skill leveling and quests. Merchants can be found in safe-zone towns which will sell you essential supplies and purchases goods from you as well so that you may earn coins. The community is extremely friendly though you may find those few people who are just out to kill you for the fun and not for legitimate reasons.

There is a white-list, though this is mainly to get a basic understanding of your plugin/mod knowledge.
    Server Website: http://g1rwarcraft.enjin.com/
    Server Wiki: http://g1rwarcraft.wikispaces.com/

• Summary

Industrial War is a PVP server. Players are recruited by two opposing nations who must fight for the control of crucial points around the world. Each nation has its own capitol, a 300x300 zone protected by suppression fields designed to keep their enemies at bay. The nations are able to capture territory in the world by occupying it and by doing so accumulate power for their side. The power generated this way can be used to bring down their enemies capitol's suppression fields, rendering them succeptible to assault.

Griefing/stealing/killing is not restricted but members of the same nation may not grief/steal from/kill/betray each other. Capitol invasions require so many power points to be accumulated from capturing towny plots at the Quantum Dams. After a team accumulates 200 points they will have the option of bringing down the suppression field around the enemy teams capitol at their discretion. The only exception is that the suppression field takes 24 hours to drain and the fields can only be disabled for a short time.

Details

To run its war system Industrial War uses towny. Each side is defined as a nation with one town block. Those town blocks are located in the team capitols. When players are recruited to a side they are also placed in that team nation. The one town block that each team owns (Proteus for red and Amazonia for blue) can not be captured or taken off them. It is out of bounds and theirs forever and excluded from wars.In the world there exists another nation: New Detroit. This is not a faction anyone can join so don't ask! The faction controls 2 locations on New Terra: one at -400 500 and one at 400 -500. The locations are actually towny towns named QuantumOne and Two. During war time (99% of server uptime; check with /towny war) players from any or both factions can occupy the town blocks of these locations to gain control of them. To occupy you merely have to stand in the block. Each block is 16x16x128 but no one under 60 Z is considered to be occupying it. There are about 90 blocks at each dam. The town blocks have 24 health and it takes 5 seconds for one player to knock one health off (it stacks with more players) so it takes 2 minutes to capture a town block at a minimum. The only part of the town you can't capture is the homeblock; it is the one with 9000 health (don't waste your time standing on it). You will know when you are capturing terrain because the plugin will read off the plots health as it goes down to 0. When a town block is captured $1 will be awarded to your teams bank account. This is not spending money (obviously)! This money is a representation of your teams score. It is by capturing land and building up the teams bank that your team can unlock special abilities and events (listed below). Note that all townblocks will revert back to New Detroits control with each restart and the teams can go and capture them all over again for more points.

So far here is what your team can do with its points:

200 points: Bring down the enemy teams suppression field for one hour. Note that if your team desires this they must make a decleration 24 hours in advance between the times of 12 PM EST and 12 AM EST on the IW forums. 24 hours after the decleration is made the enemy nations capitols suppression field will go down for one hour. After the hour elapses it will go back up and anyone caught inside of it will be stuck.

Example: deantheftxbrx, a red commander, uses 200 of his teams points to bring down blues capitols suppression field. He makes a decleration on the IW forums at 3:30 PM EST and e-mails his intent to mensreamc@gmail.com. The next day starting at 3:30 PM EST the suppression field protecting blues go down for one hour and red gets the oppoprtunity to attack and loot blue in their homeland.

200 points: Block another teams attempt to bring down a suppression field.

Example: deantheftxbrx, a red commander, uses 200 of his teams points to bring down blues suppression field. He
    makes a decleration on the IW forums at 3:30 PM EST. The next day at 3:00 PM EST ndelmnco, a blue commander, goes on the IW forums and explains that he will use 200 of his teams points to block red from bringing down the suppression field. Both teams lose 200 points and the event is thwarted. A team has until 30 minutes from the time the suppression field is scheduled to be knocked down to prevent its fall. After that it cannot be stopped.

200 + X points: Prevent the enemy team from blocking the takedown of their capitols suppression field by spending 200 more points. This can be repeated as many times as a team wishes but only in increments of 200. While at least 200 must be spent in this way, anything spent over 200 will be refunded if the enemy team does not use blocks.

Example: deantheftxbrx, a red commander, uses 600 of his teams points to bring down blues suppression field and keep blue from blocking the attack up to 2 times. This way, blue will need at least 600 points to block the three consecutive attempts to take down their capitols suppression field. He makes a decleration on the IW forums at 3:30 PM EST. The next day ndelmnco, a blue commander, realizes that he will not be able to get the full 600 points required to stop the invasion by 3:00 PM EST. He decides to use the 400 points that his team has earned to waste 400 of red teams points and blocks anyway. The invasion proceeds as planned but red team is not refunded their 400 point investment as they would have been had blue not blocked at all.

100 points: Purchase a protected chunk in the world for either your team or a specific rank on your team. Offer
    is limited to 18 per team and may not be within 1000 blocks of a mine or quantum dam.

SERVER COMMANDS - Everyone
    Essentials
    /help - A listing of commands and their descriptions.
    /mail - An in game mail program. Useful for sending messeges to offline players.
    /ignore - An ignore command to use if you feel bothered by a players speech.
    /balancetop - A command to check the top balances of the servers players.
    /balance - A command to check your own accounts balance.
    /seen - A command that lets you know the last day/time a given player was online.
    /msg - Send a private messege to a player.
    /motd - List the servers messege of the day.
    /rules - A listing of server rules and contact info.
    /reply, /r - A quick way to respond to a private messege.

Towny
    /town - Information about the town you belong to, if any. Your towns bank balance is effectively the amount of points your team has earned from capping land.
    /l - Chat which only people near you can read.
    /g - Chat which everyone across all worlds and sides can read.
    /n - Chat only people in your nation can read.
    /town here - Shows you the town screen of the town in which you stand.
    /town list - Lists towns.
    /towny map - Shows town maps.
    /towny universe - Shows full towny stats, resident/town/nation/world counts as well as townblocks claimed.
    /nation online - Shows players in your nation which are online.

Tree assist
    /treeassist toggle - Toggle on/off the ability to fell trees in one swing

SERVER COMMANDS - Commanders/Commandants & Officers/Komots
    ANY ABUSE OF THESE COMMANDS WILL LEAD TO AN IMMEDIATE DEMOTION OR BANISHMENT FROM THE SERVER! NO JOKE!

BOTH OF THESE COMMANDS MUST BE USED TO ADD A PLAYER TO A SIDE!
    /pex user [username] group set [Militia, Recruit or Officer for blue; Guerilla, Conscript or Komot for red].
    /town add [player]- Add a player to your teams town.

/nation set title [resident] [text of prefix] - Give a player a rank or NON-OFFENSIVE nickname (example. Lt., Col., Spc., Vanguard, etc..)
    /t - A chat channel for high ranking members (Commanders and Officers; Commandants and Komots)
    /town set board - Set an announcement which anyone in your town can read by using /town.
    /lb - Bring up the block log tool to check for griefers breaking/stealing/using things. Works on blocks, chests, frames, doors, buttons, levers and plates.
    /ban - Ban a player followed by a reason and a report to Mensrea regarding why they were banned.
    /mute - Mute a player who is causing a disturbance.
    /m - A chat channel for admins and high-ranking officials of either team.

• Don't get vehicles. I placed two in single player and it crashed my Minecraft. It also corrupted the world.
    Error Message:

Mods loaded: 10
    ModLoader Beta 1.8.1
    mod_BuildCraftCore 2.2.2
    mod_BuildCraftBuilders 2.2.2
    mod_BuildCraftEnergy 2.2.2
    mod_BuildCraftFactory 2.2.2
    mod_BuildCraftTransport 2.2.2
    mod_IC2 v1.15
    mod_WW2Guns 1.8.1v3
    mod_Planes 1.8.1v16
    mod_Vehicles 1.8.1v4

Minecraft has crashed!
    ----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

If you wish to report this, please copy this entire text and email it to support@mojang.com.
    Please include a description of what you did when the error occured.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 80c75ecb --------
    Generated 10/16/11 6:23 PM

Minecraft: Minecraft Beta 1.8.1
    Java: 1.7.0, Oracle Corporation
    VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    OpenGL: ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series version 3.3.10834 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.

java.lang.ClassCastException: EntityJeep cannot be cast to EntityPanzer
    at RenderPanzer.a(RenderPanzer.java:39)
    at aam.a(aam.java:125)
    at aam.a(aam.java:119)
    at i.a(RenderGlobal.java:359)
    at iw.a(EntityRenderer.java:1008 )
    at iw.b(EntityRenderer.java:801)
    at EntityRendererProxy.b(EntityRendererProxy.java:15)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:689)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    --- END ERROR REPORT 58f21fe4 ----------

• I joined the server at 7:15 P.M. today, my Minecraft crashed and the server is down. I think this is because of the vehicles mod. Someone must've placed two vehicles down. Look at the above post.

• Ray theres nothing wrong with vehicles, I have the server up and running right now with it now and nothing is corrupted. Also, the other admin installed vehicles and played single player and nothing happened to her. So I think it must be an error on your end.

k. ill reinstall it

EDIT: I reinstalled the vehicles mod several times and I still crash on joining the server.

• Some updates on whats been happening:

4 teams have been formed, and everyone has picked out a capital.

Every team has at least 3 people, average 5.

Blue declined a peace treaty with red.

Teams are mostly even and have been staying so, but I maintain the right to cap a teams size if it gets too big. This should give other teams a chance to catch up in recruitment.

An important note: I have upgraded the servers internet to 50mbps download and 15mbps upload. This means i will be lifting the slots from 14 to 32 as soon as the new modem gets in (this week). Things should also be alot smoother. For those of you on slow computers I highly recomend optifine: http://www.minecraftforum.net/…-b-fps-boost-hd-textures/
    (make backups!)

I am looking into bukkit, but am currently having some problems getting everything working together right.

Stay tuned for more updates.

• Server was down because several people were DoS'ing it.

My response:

Computer fraud and abuse act of 1986 + http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/tips/ST04-015.html + the IP's of the attackers (already recorded from day one) = no longer my problem

I can substantiate the attack with records from my ISP. Further, even if the feds don't take legal action these people will be scrutinized. Thats one big magnifying glass, and since they did this they have probably done other things too, so hopefully at least one will get hit. Even if I can get the feds to identify them by pressing charges against the holder of the IP (through the ISP) I can get their names and addresses (when legal action is taken both parties are identified on the letters sent by the prosecuter). Also, the guys behind the DoS attack claimed to be the same guys who developed MCoverhaul. Unlikely, but I'll see if anyone from that team has any of their PII (personal identifiable information).

Also, should'nt really fuck with government workers, we know people. Like state officials in the governers office, and members of the PA cyber-crime task force.

• oh ok so how did they get in?

• They were initially players. They were upset because I would'nt give them their own team. Then they were naive enough to allow themselves to be provoked by someone not even on red team. Honestly, how can these kids muster the cognitive ability to program and use computers but be ignorant of EVERYTHING else, haven't they ever heard of a false-flag attack? No wonder history repeats itself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_flag

I advise you all to think critically. Deception is part and parcel with combat.

• This is nonsense, I know nothing about a DoS attack.
    And, I am infact the developper of McOverhaul.

• ONCE MORE LEARN TO READ

"Also, the guys behind the DoS attack claimed to be the same guys who developed MCoverhaul. Unlikely..."

So I guess it was just a coincidence that as soon as you went apeshit and stormed off in a huff with your pals the server got DoS'd?

Doesn't matter anyway, I have the IP's of the people who DoS'd, and I have the IP's of you and all your buddies. Any further discourse is moot.

• Hi. For some reason I can not get into the server. Whenever I try to join, my Minecraft crashes. I read the error, it said that either a panzer or a jeep from the vehicles mod were placed down. I reinstalled it multiple times but it won't work.

• He is going down :evil:

By the way did the server got DoS'd again? Cause its down D: