fluid reactor quad-cell

• i made a reactor with 'IC2 Reactor planner' is there eny better way to do this.

please give me a helping hand, this is my first setup with this so i im kinda new to this

anyway thanks ;~)

• Official Post

If I saw this correctly, this is an unstable reactor design, which means your reactor will explode after some time, if you don't turn it off every now and then. (It shows you how long it'll run without issues in the bottom textbox in the reactor planner.

Just looking at it, it looks like your reactor design has too little vents and too many heat exchangers. Random guess: try replacing some of your heat exchanges with overclocked heat vents.

• Agreed. It wasn't included in the image, but I copied the code, and found that it will explode in about 42 seconds. Also, a quad fuel rod surrounded by iridium neutron reflectors puts all of the heat into the core, and only the overclocked heat vents will pull it back out - all of the heat exchangers in that design are component heat exchangers, which don't interact with core heat. Replacing them all with core heat exchangers buys some time, and brings it up to 611 seconds for explosion. (although some of the components will break before then - a couple of them as early as 82 seconds in) Replacing them with overlocked heat vents doesn't actually help as much with stability.

On the other hand, I notice you're running the reactor in fluid mode, and fluid reactors do well in pulsed mode, since they can continue to output residual heat into the coolant even when the redstone signal is off. A bit of trial and error, and I found that 20 seconds on, 27 seconds off works well with your existing design. I should note that default settings assume you have Nuclear Control 2 installed to only resume when the off-pulse duration has elapsed and the reactor has fully cooled (at least I think that's what it's doing - I'll re-read my code to make sure). I should probably add a label to the planner to explain that, and suggest setting the resume temperature really high to simulate not having NC2 installed.