Cannot make pump with universal fluid cell

• I am trying to make a pump in FTB Infinity Evolved Complete and when I am trying to make the empty cells for the pump I put in the in the tin ingots in the correct recipe form and it does not work. I tried making the universal fluid cells instead but those do not work for the pump. This is very frustrating because the pump is very important for the project I am working on. Also, I have a side question, can I pump lava from a volcano to a geothermal generator in my town?

• FTB Infinity Evolved is for 1.7.10, so you probably need the empty cells, not the universal fluid cells. Some modpacks could use MineTweaker to change the recipe, but I just downloaded the zip, and it has no "scripts" folder, so I don't think that's the case here.

What's this about "tin ingots in the correct recipe form" though? Are you trying to use the "classic" recipe with 4 tin ingots to get 16 empty cells? That won't work in IC2 experimental. You need to put tin plates in a metal former in extruding mode.