Question: Best portable power source for miner and attached pump

• Hello, i am wondering what if the most efficient portable power source for a miner and attached pump, ive already mined around my house and dont want to stretch my cable out into oblivion lol, i am using a Diamond drill and OV Scanner incase you are wondering

• Your best option is to bring 8 batteries, and a 2 batboxs. attach the batboxs to the miner and pump, and fill em up. Once it's done mining, just use a wrench and move.
    Now I don't recall just how much energy a miner needs to get to bedrock, but 2 batbox's worth of EU (80,000) should do the trick.

• Your best option is to bring 8 batteries, and a 2 batboxs. attach the batboxs to the miner and pump, and fill em up. Once it's done mining, just use a wrench and move.
    Now I don't recall just how much energy a miner needs to get to bedrock, but 2 batbox's worth of EU (80,000) should do the trick.

Ill give that a go, thanks

• I went ahead with this, 1 MFE, 1 Glass Fibre Cable, 2 Copper, a LV Transformer and a Energy Crytal filled 6 times. My miner does about 500 actions per expedition at about 1200 EUs per action. 500 x 1200 = 600000, or a full MFE. Tell me what you think

• Looks good. Didn't realize a miner would need that much energy 0.0 I need to mess around with IC2 more :P

• Thanks, and i guess if youre really felling rich, you could replace the MFE with a MFSU, and the glass fibre cable with a MV Transformer, therefore, the MFSU feeds into the MVTF which feeds into the LVTF which feeds the miner and pump, seeing as then you could use a lapotron crystal and just have 1 trip with 1 mil EU instead of 6 crystals or 6 trips with 1 crystal.

• Just so you know, you don't need any cable in between. Just stack transformer and MFE directly on top of the miner ;)