Bug : Mining drill glitch

• When mining the first 2 sand/dirt/gravel/grass it instant digs it.
    Which means spamming the click button = Fast digging

Im using the diamond tipped one though.

It also is annoying when trying to level a field of grass.
    When digging the top block, before you can stop it, the block under has been dug too.

After the first 2 blocks the mining works as it is supposed to.
    Without sounds ofc ;D

Also.
    Please for Notch's sake..
    Fix the chainsaw sounds D:
    Im getting huge headaches while cutting down my forest.
    Keeps going as I leave it turned off.

• You can turn off sounds completely by setting soundsEnabled to false in IC2.cfg. Also I think you can just delete the unwanted sounds from the jar without causing problems. They are in industrialcraft-2-client_1.15.jar/ic2/sounds/Tools.
    Yes I also sometimes mines the block beneath the one I want to destroy, but I think it is a small tradeoff for such an awesome tool with this speed. Also just use the mining laster to level out things, just shoot in a straight line at each level and you're done.

• 1. You can turn off sounds completely by setting soundsEnabled to false in IC2.cfg. Also I think you can just delete the unwanted sounds from the jar without causing problems. They are in industrialcraft-2-client_1.15.jar/ic2/sounds/Tools.

2. Yes I also sometimes mines the block beneath the one I want to destroy, but I think it is a small tradeoff for such an awesome tool with this speed.

3. Also just use the mining laster to level out things, just shoot in a straight line at each level and you're done.

1. Thanks, I didnt know that.

2. Its still a bug!

3. Im not up to that stage yet :(
    Still setting up my completely auto tree farm.
    Free charcoal/wood anyone?

2. Its still a bug!

It's actually not a bug, it's a Minecraft mechanic.
    The Drill is pretty much treated as a special shovel/pick. Like with normal shovels/picks, if you keep holding leftclick it's gonna keep mining. The drill is fast enough at mining that you don't have as much time to stop left-clicking in order to not break the next block. There's no bug at all there; what you're really asking for is a nerf to the Diamond drill, which already exists as the Mining drill.

• It's actually not a bug, it's a Minecraft mechanic.
    The Drill is pretty much treated as a special shovel/pick. Like with normal shovels/picks, if you keep holding leftclick it's gonna keep mining. The drill is fast enough at mining that you don't have as much time to stop left-clicking in order to not break the next block. There's no bug at all there; what you're really asking for is a nerf to the Diamond drill, which already exists as the Mining drill.

Um..
    Nope!

When using a diamond spade, The first 2 dirt/grass etc, Do NOT instant mine..
    Im talking about spamming click with the drill does instant mining.
    NOT holding it down!

Trust me. Im not complaining about the speed of holding it down.

Also. Apparently gravel doesnt instant mine. Dirt and sand and grass do though.

• Official Post

If you hold the button for longer then like 0.5 sec it will at least mine 2 dirt-type blocks. It's about either a quick click OR correct positioning :3

Seriously, it's not a bug, but just an amazing speed which is hard to control. Compare it to people running into trees all over the time while using Quantum Suit.