Do Steam Turbines still do this crap? Did they ever? (Random IV+ spikes)

• A friend invited me to play the Direwolf pack and in there I have a power plant that uses fluiducts and a Steam turbine.

The Power plant normally generates exactly 512+256EU/t, which is HV. Of course, since Steam turbines can be random sometimes I did arm it to accept EV spikes.

The Fluiducts we use can transfer 600mB of superheated steam every tick, which should be at most 600EU packets, so far away from the 2048EU limit the power plant can tolerate

HOWEVER, often I go back to my power plant and find that the HV cables on the kinetic generators and once even the HV transformer were destroyed, which can only mean there was a IV spike.

Now it seems that Steam turbines have an internal buffer of steam that is WAY TOO LARGE as it seems to accept enough steam to emit a packet that goes beyond even IV.

By all means it should be 100% impossible for this setup to emit IV packets. It emits 512EU packets on average and beyond 600 should be physically impossible due to the way Fluiducts work.

Does anyone have an idea what is happening?

And since Direwolf uses industrialcraft-2-2.8.111-ex112, is this maybe a problem that was eventually fixed?

• Apparently when the chunks are reloaded, sometimes the boilers and fluiducts start working before the turbine does so it builds up too much steam and goes to Insane Voltage levels.

A spot loader prevents this from happening now.