Posts by Shirolol

Well I just learned something cool that turns minecraft on its head. Apparently all of the coal on the Earth was formed at the same time ( geologically speaking ). 360 million years ago plants figured out how to make lignin which is what makes wood hard. It took fungi 60 million years to figure out how to break lignin down, so for 60 million years, the dead trees just piled up and formed coal. After fungi figured out how to break it down, no more coal formed. So all over the earth, all of the coal is in this one geologic layer. None above or below that. Not scattered all around like in vanilla minecraft.

Except the earth's crust isn't static and stuff moves around.

Generally anything in the ground comes in sheets or huge clusters. Default Minecraft doesn't do that for simplicity reasons, but mods like GT or TFC do it.

And while I don't see at all how that was related to the thread, #TeamTrees

EDIT: Caveat: Remember planting trees does nothing if they don't get to stay there.

1. Try using Granite Pickaxe made of Red or Black Granite Rocks.

2. That is a Forge Bug and it happens in all Modpacks. It annoys the shit out of me too. If you launch a World and get thrown back to the Title Screen instead and then try again then get thrown back again and then try again and launch the world successfully then you have to kill the process afterwards.

1. But Granite is too hard to be mined with a weaker material, isn't it? How do I get a material strong enough excluding default stone, because that feels like cheating(Since the guide says "Stone if you have absolutely nothing else").

2. Are you sure? The same 1.7.10 version that I use for GT, I also use for other mods and packs, but while it consistently happens in GT, I do not recall it happening on the others.

I have no idea what these are but judging this as a reactor setup of some kind, this outputs 2*3*4*4=96Heat per second and you dissipate only up to 20

There is actually a trade-off, because the Semifluid generator is MUCh faster than the liquid fuel firebox. SO I guess you trade efficiency for speed.

Generally any time you have a choice of using heat or direct electricity, the heat version has the same efficiency with a stirling generator, but more with a steam boiler.

I have sucessfully got GregTech to run with NEI. It ran like butt, but I was in a jungle with only 2G and no fastcraft or anything else on a 7years old PC.

I just noticed EU is mentioned a lot in GregTech and rubber trees exist, but have no utility beyond being wood, as it seems, so it seems to want IC2. I tend to prefer small packs and play mods in their pure form, but if GT is mostly intended for use with at least IC2(and fastcraft) I should add it.

Even though I doubt I'll have the time to get very far.

I was super amazed when I heard about the pipes.

But how do they work?

Despite their tooltips, they all only transfer 400mb/s for me.

...and yeah I'd still like to be able to pick up upgraded machines.

EDIT: Okay, their transfer rates are right, but only theoretical. Since they try to move half of the fluid backwards they can't be used with something that accepts the fluid they contain as source and if there's no pressure, they are REAAAALLLY slow.

Reactors have been made not being affected to outside environment (at least that's what I believe). And, this is like an outside vent, a random one that doesn't need much materials.

You can power the reactor through a repeater and a block, and use a cobble generator to constantly replace the block once it melts, or you can use the configurable redstone behavior of EU storage blocks, plus some redstone and wiring. I mentioned before that te blocks don't get affected.

Thanks for the info, but in the version I have they still produce infinite lava when turned off, so it's not necessary to find such a solution. I just wish it was.