Suggestion: Wireless Energy Transference

• Well, the Subject pretty much says what I'm suggesting: A wireless energy transference device designed to work through walls, floors, and ceilings. Warning: Do not stand between a transmitter and a receiver, the results could easily be equivalent to standing in front of a fully charged Tesla coil and having it turned on. The idea behind this is to allow power to be transfered through walls (obviously with direct resistance programmed in for materials that would be used in the construction of buildings. The power requirements would probably be massive, obviously, and yield very little at the receiving end. Maybe enough for running lights, but not much more. :)

Recipe recommendation:

Transmitter:

T=Tesla Coil
    R=Cable
    I=Refined Iron
    C=Advanced Circuit

ITI
    ICI
    RIR

Receiver:
    C=Advanced Circuit
    R=Cable
    I=Refined Iron
    H=HVT

IHI
    ICI
    RIR

Just a thought. Would be nice.

• Seems unnecessary, with only 2 exceptions. One, it could make a good defense system, and two, it could allow for cables to not have to run outside. However, Considering it still would damage people, and considering the massive power loss, I would note that you should just use HV cables for the same thing except better.

• Seems unnecessary, with only 2 exceptions. One, it could make a good defense system, and two, it could allow for cables to not have to run outside. However, Considering it still would damage people, and considering the massive power loss, I would note that you should just use HV cables for the same thing except better.

Unless you're building a super-tower at around 100 elevation, and a bunker of DOOM at 6 elevation. Now, I know this is an extreme demonstration, but it would save people the hassle of wiring an HV current from the top floor of a super-wind-tower down to the level bedrock sits at. I'm a mole, and this would definitely help myself and others become completely mole-ish, as well as power several factory areas without having to wire 10-20 HV lines from the surface to the underground.

• Unless you're building a super-tower at around 100 elevation, and a bunker of DOOM at 6 elevation. Now, I know this is an extreme demonstration, but it would save people the hassle of wiring an HV current from the top floor of a super-wind-tower down to the level bedrock sits at. I'm a mole, and this would definitely help myself and others become completely mole-ish, as well as power several factory areas without having to wire 10-20 HV lines from the surface to the underground.

Well, you can actually run multiple HV lines through one line, which isnt as hard as doing 10-20, but you have to correctly split it apart at the bottom, to make sure each HV there gets at most one pulse per 20 ticks, and one HV sending per 2000 EU/s

• Nikola Tesla would be proud... I can just imagine people making big wooden towers to broadcast energy across their minecraft worlds. I would think the receivers would (just for fun) double as lightning rods as well.

• Well, you can actually run multiple HV lines through one line, which isnt as hard as doing 10-20, but you have to correctly split it apart at the bottom, to make sure each HV there gets at most one pulse per 20 ticks, and one HV sending per 2000 EU/s

See, that's the issue. Wiring perfectly. How does one expand one's power supply when one is limited to splitting an 8k current into 4 2k wires? I'm not saying make the wireless energy perfect, but make it so that people can build an underground base without fearing accidentally waking on HV lines or blowing up their teleporters cause they wired in a 3k power supply. Besides, wiring that kind of complex system underground is a challenge and a half. :)

Quote from Cubic Meter

Nikola Tesla would be proud... I can just imagine people making big wooden towers to broadcast energy across their minecraft worlds. I would think the receivers would (just for fun) double as lightning rods as well.

I would agree, Tesla would be proud of wireless energy transference. :) And of Minecraft + IndustrialCraft! :D