Continuous smp run

• I'm looking for a way to have my server continuously run even when there is no one connected to it. Anyone know how or have mods that can do this? It would be great to be able to start of some batch jobs of stuff then come back a few hours later and it be done.

Thanks for any help, love this mod!

• Official Post

Zeldo, maker of the Buildcraft Teleport Pipes (Now called Additional Pipes) has a 'Chunk Loader' component to his mod.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/…tionalpipes-15-bug-fixes/

I know a few developers are interested in his chunk loading technology, and I think hes planning on releasing it as a stand alone mod or API or something. (NOTE: If someone from the IC team wants, I can contact Zeldo, as I've done some videos for him, and communicate with him over gmail communicator).

That'd basically do what you're looking for. I've not tested it in SMP yet. Obviously, in its current implementation, it'll need to be installed along with buildcraft, and put the Teleport Pipes in whatever areas you want to stay loaded.

What does this "ChunkLoader" do??:
    What this does is every time you place(or see an existing) teleport pipe it will add the chunk that the pipe is in to my "ForceLoad" list. This functions differently in SSP and SMP. When you break the pipe that chunk is released.

SSP: In SSP it will load all the chunks that you have pipes in (and a few around those so systems don't break). In SSP chunks stay loaded until you exit.

SMP: In SMP it will load all the chunks that you have pipes in (same as SSP), however when someone leaves the threshold of that chunk and that chunk is unloaded, it will force it to reload and stay loaded.

• Not sure if it works, but you could try using the spawnpoint with MC edit near youre base, I've got the feeling this could help.

But otherwise the teleport pipes are youre solution.