Support Request: Teleporters problem

• Hi
    I am using IC v8.10 and my problem is SSP

I am having difficulty making the teleporters work. I have made sure to have all the required class files installed. I do not believe I have any other possibly competing mods (don’t think I have any other mods installed) I have made sure to use the FreqTrans correctly (right click to copy left click to paste coordinates on both teleporters) the teleporters are correctly powered up and indicate they have the appropriate power by glowing red and the teleporter pad itself is wired via redstone to a lever.
    my only thought is that the teleporters.ssav file may have been generated to the wrong location (as it went to my desktop strangly) and so the recorded coordinates may not be being accessed thus my question is where should the teleporters.ssav file be stored?
    Thank you for your help

• Hi
    I am using IC v8.10 and my problem is SSP

I am having difficulty making the teleporters work. I have made sure to have all the required class files installed. I do not believe I have any other possibly competing mods (don’t think I have any other mods installed) I have made sure to use the FreqTrans correctly (right click to copy left click to paste coordinates on both teleporters) the teleporters are correctly powered up and indicate they have the appropriate power by glowing red and the teleporter pad itself is wired via redstone to a lever.
    my only thought is that the teleporters.ssav file may have been generated to the wrong location (as it went to my desktop strangely) and so the recorded coordinates may not be being accessed thus my question is where should the teleporters.ssav file be stored?
    Thank you for your help

I know the file generates in the same location you launched Minecraft from, I suggest you move it to your .minecraft folder, and use a shortcut instead. Also, the redstone glow is currently bugged, it seems to either have no relation to the amount of charge it currently has, and in the case you are feeding it with a switch cable directly under it, with a torch under the switch, it would cause the teleporter to go off each time it charges instantly, which explains the difficulties I was getting. A way to figure out the charge rate is to check the total energy being sent to it per second, (note that the EU/s values are all per tick, and 20 ticks are in a second, so a MFE emits 320Eus per second) and divide 3,000,000 by that value to determine the charge time. take into account the rate of power generation, and whether or not the MFES are sufficiently full to emit constantly.

• Well I moved the teleporters.ssav file into the .minecraft folder and I was using a switch cable with redstone torch underneath it so I changed that and instead routed a cable path to the teleporter pad so that there would be no interference I also re keyed the teleporters (since they had been disassembled and moved) using the FreqTrans then I waited for it to charge up (I have each teleporter powered by four MFS's powered to full via a very intense solar array and and topped off with some charged crystals and each of those MFS's have their output set to 64/s and the cabling paths to the switch cable are solar paneled so when I check the cable the teleporter is on its getting LOTS of power) I waited until the MFS stopped being drained so that I could be sure it was fully charged (which as I recall is only 3m EU) and still the problem remains it will not teleport me :(

• I"m going to submit that I can't seem to get the teleporters to work (8.50 IC) in SSP, either. I flip my two cut-off switches, and push the button, and it pwoers the wire underneath the teleporter... And nothing happens. I'm thinking it's either the unloaded chunk that the partner teleporter is on, or the same reason as stated above. ^^ Just thought I'd mention it.

EDIT: After having a brainstorm, I traveled the 500+ blocks over cold ice to try copy/pasting the frequencies on my two teleporters to both of them. It worked. :) Game, set, match!