Suggestion: Wood as biofuel

• Currently, we can only use saplings as bio-fuel. You end up with a boat load of wood when harvesting trees for saplings. Would be cool if the wood itself can also be used in the bio-fuel process.

• I think he means a more condensed version of the fuel; since you can't turn the charcoal in to charcoal dust and then create a charcoaldust cell. Additionally the generator typically used with coal puts out a paltry 5eU/t.

• Currently, we can only use saplings as bio-fuel.

No offence but this statement is inaccurate. You can use leaf blocks, cacti, sugar cane, or wheat to make boifuel, that's according to the IC wiki. That being said I don't see the value in making fuel out of wood when you can obtain more leaf blocks per tree than wood.

• mm, nathan does have a point. You dont have to cut down all the trees you see everywhere, just simply get a set of shears, and take the leaf blocks off the trees, it provides much more bio-produce then just cutting it down, and you dont have all the random logs which are practically useless.

• Using shears costs irons, and for only a paltry 2-3 stacks per set of shears. If you're a resource conserving nut like me, that's a problem. However, using logs to make biofuel to me is practically a crime... Use sugarcane. extremely easy to set up a farm, and a small one generally gives you atleast a few stacks each day.

Shhh... The creepers are listening...

• leafs for some reason don't work on my server... but since it gives more energy to just burn the saplings/rest and that I have awesome windfarm... I don't care bout biofuel, electric jet rules :D

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• Interesting. I hadn't explored all the other options, and was chopping down and replanting forests. You can imagine the time it was taking, and the amount of wood I ended up with. =D