Suggestion: *Extractor* pipes, and other Miner Tweaks

• Name:
    *Extractor* pipes, and other Miner Tweaks

Description:

Code
    Did you ever ran out of fuel for your Geothermal Generator because  buckets seem to only take a small percentage of the lava and make the  rest disappear? We solved this issue!
    Our patented, 100% lava-proof, wood-made Extractor Pipes will ignore all the useless ore, and dig straight (down) for valuable liquids, like water and, especially, lava, ignoring any water found along the way.
    Due to advanced refinement methods, the extraction will even  yield in FIVE filled buckets per block of liquid. "FIVE" is not a  defined number, but a steady and semi-random variable.
    Actual liquid yield cannot be calculated and may vary. As well, liquids can only be stored in empty buckets, located in chests placed next to a miner.
    To make this pipe functional, at least one Geothermal Generator  is needed beside the miner. Lava will be transferred to the adjacent  Geothermal Generator automatically. The Generators can be placed in  eight boxes in the horizontal plane, adjacent to
    the miner. It cannot be  placed above/below the miner.
    It is possible to use normal mining pipes first and manually switch to an extractor pipe when the pipes reach lava.

- First of all, I have no idea why these are still called extractor pipes. Personally, I call them "Liquid penetration and Geothermal Conduction Pipes"
    - Second of all, The whole "Cannot Extract Lava" thing was due to the Dorolk Reactor issue, where you could create a quite dangerous (to refill) but infinite power source via lava and a miner. The issue was that one source block would literally fill 5 buckets, or more, with the help of flow blocks. The removal of the ability for miners to fill buckets *fixed* this, but made them useless for a time. Then, miners started feeding geothermal generators nearby, allowing to make automated geothermal stations, which is all well and good, except for one thing. I know that it is easily innately possible to make miners fill buckets, and I am pretty sure that flow blocks also are ignored now(possibly not for geothermal filling) However, Because The cause of this issue is fixed, why are we unable to extract lava anymore, to fill buckets, so we can mass farm obsidian?
    - Third A lot of people on the forums have had confusion with how extractor pipes do not look for things out of their way, while normal mining pipes or diamond pipes do, but are unable to penetrate water. (or mushrooms, from what I heard, or probably chests or mob spawners) Surely considering that mining pipes stop when hitting lava, rather than trying to go through, (and melting) or obsidian, and trying to go through (and wasting power or breaking), they instead stop, but never tell you what the issue is, even though this high tech equipment ought to be able to send *error* messages when hitting an invalid block, Namely displaying the inventory image for the block in the way, or a lack of buckets when trying to extract a volcano worth of lava. (just ignore the water if there are not enough buckets, its really cheap, seriously)
    (f.e.) An Obsidian block in the case of obsidian, a mushroom in the case of a mushroom, a bucket of lava if there is lava in range to collect with an extractor pipe, but there is not a free bucket to fill, and a lava tile if you are using non-extractor pipes and hit lava. Also, added bonus if a tooltip is implemented, saying that, say, "Not enough buckets to hold Magma", or "Obsidian can only be mined with a diamond tipped mining pipe", or "Only extractor pipes can penetrate Magma", as these would remove any confusion as to why the miner is *malfunctioning*. (unless it really is via a bug)

So, my suggested changes, summarized...
    - Allow extractor pipes to extract water and lava into buckets, but source blocks only, and also use the same 5x5 search area. completely ignore flow blocks, unless replacing them with pipe, in which case replace them. Additionally, give exactly one bucket per source block.
    - Allow normal and diamond pipes to ignore water when digging, but do not fill buckets, just replace that which is in the way of the pipe.
    - Display an additional slot in the miner, with an icon which represents the error the miner is experiencing, preferablly with a tooltip.
    Recipe:
    NA

• For the issue of not being able to go through water or lava, I would suggest a much simpler solution: Just give the miner two slots, one for extractor pipes, one for the normal ones.
    This would solve it.
    Some means of displaying the reason for not working would also be appreciated by me.
    Not being able to make more use of the provided blocks, which are clearly bigger than the little bucket ( ;) ), is not the solution I would like.
    What about filling geothermal generators with the extended amount of lava, but buckets with the usual one?

• I always found it odd that there WERE different pipes. That or there not being omni-pipes which could gather ores, obsidian and water and lava,