lolzrofl's Mega Power Plant [Mark II-7-CASUC EA] [845 EU/t] [4.33 EFF] (UPDATED TO V2)

• After much hard work, I have finished v2 of my power plant!

The plant is fully outfitted with all sorts of features designed to produce maximum nuclear energy. Check out the screenshots and download to see more!

Reactor Specs:
    Mark II-7-CASUC EA
    EU/t: 845
    EFF: 4.33
    Consecutive Cycles: 7.81
    Cooldown Time: 7 seconds
    Highest Heat Level: 1632
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…10101001511f21s1r14lflr10

Just make sure that the reactor has been filled with ice correctly and the coolant system has had about 5 minutes to warm up before turning it on. Otherwise, the engines will note be working quite fast enough to provide the necessary ice.

SCREENSHOTS HERE:
    http://imgur.com/a/R6ffq

This download contains everything you need to play the map:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?x5m99dzyzb68b7e

Please let me know your suggestions!

Please note that this is not meant for players who legitimately gather their resources. It is meant for people who like to build crazy stuff without worrying about how many resources they have. :)

• If you have redpower2, you can build these awesome over 9000 (almost) EU reactors. Else, we need more info: You want EU/t or high efficiency?

• I'm a sucker for switches like yours. Love it!

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• I see you use redpower. If you want extremely high output and eff i suggest making a CASUC reactor with water buckets. Through not entirely safe it will produce like 10 times more than a normal one.

What does CASUC stand for? I know the Single Use Coolants part, but not the CA.

I will make a backup of the world and test the reactor out with as many uranium cells as the ice system will support until it can run a full cycle.

This is because I want to make a whole empire of factories that create most every item in the game, so I will need A LOT of power without having to babysit the reactors. Yes that's right, reactorS. I am planning on building about 2 more of these things in the space below the current one. The room above it will be for power storage and conversion. This is the reason I will have the lockdown switch be capable of locking down all reactors simultaneously, so that the explosion of one won't blow up the others.

• What does CASUC stand for? I know the Single Use Coolants part, but not the CA.

I will make a backup of the world and test the reactor out with as many uranium cells as the ice system will support until it can run a full cycle.

This is because I want to make a whole empire of factories that create most every item in the game, so I will need A LOT of power without having to babysit the reactors. Yes that's right, reactorS. I am planning on building about 2 more of these things in the space below the current one. The room above it will be for power storage and conversion. This is the reason I will have the lockdown switch be capable of locking down all reactors simultaneously, so that the explosion of one won't blow up the others.

CA = Constantly Applied. For the reactors that use buildcraft and/or redpower to add ice/water constantly while the reactor is running.

• Ok thanks.

I need to upgrade my coolant room as it can only supply the ice quickly enough once the engines have warmed up.

With redpower 2 you can automatically cool it with water buckets, which is both free and much simpler than ice while being more effective coolant. There's a thread about it... ;)

• http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=2071

There's quite a few floating around, this one links to the original bucket-cooler too :)
    Edit: Lol, it only linked to his profile ... Anyways, it's not like the threads are hidden under a rock...

I've seen this one but it doesn't explain very clearly how to bucket cool with redpower2

• I've seen this one but it doesn't explain very clearly how to bucket cool with redpower2

Currently there's a chunk loading issue that causes the RP2 cooling system to break. But basically how it works is:

You use the deployer, filter and tubes from redpower.
    Filter with empty bucket as it's object to pull empty buckets from the reactor and send them to a deployer (that fills them from an infinite pool of water) filter (with filled buckets as it's filter) to pull full buckets and send them to the reactor. Over-flow systems optional (but highly recommended) which I used just a couple source blocks of water and a transposer for mine.

Too bad I don't have any screenshots of my system when it was running (just ones of the crater it left behind ... and a few from testing the overflow loop which worked like a charm...) System ran flawless til I went far enough away to get the chunk to unload, when the chunk reloaded the system broke and BOOM! Which is odd cos I logged out and in with it running several times and didn't have any issue.

Still wouldn't recommend using this system (unless you don't mind having your reactor explode) and a blast containment chamber is HIGHLY recommended.

• Ok I got the machines module for redpower, but it also requires me to install redpower world. What exactly does redpower world do, because it seems like it changes a lot of things I don't want changed. Also, why is redpower starting to incorperate pipes and some IC^2 metals?

Depolyer, filter, etc are all in the machine module (not sure which other modules they require) redpower world is the one that adds volcanoes, rubber trees and marble (not sure what else).

As far as why with pipes tubes and copper/tin.. well you'd have to take that up with Eloraam. [Basically I think she's trying to make one mod to rule them all lols. She even has solar panels, electric cables and electric furnaces in the next update of redpower (apparently it's just a preview of it in the current version)]

Any guesses on how long before she makes automatic crafting tables and some sort of automatic mining machine? :)

• Depolyer, filter, etc are all in the machine module (not sure which other modules they require) redpower world is the one that adds volcanoes, rubber trees and marble (not sure what else).

As far as why with pipes tubes and copper/tin.. well you'd have to take that up with Eloraam. [Basically I think she's trying to make one mod to rule them all lols. She even has solar panels, electric cables and electric furnaces in the next update of redpower (apparently it's just a preview of it in the current version)]

Any guesses on how long before she makes automatic crafting tables and some sort of automatic mining machine? :)

Apparently the machine addon requires the world addon. This is bad :(

The world addon adds so many things that I do not want, when I all I really want is the deployer and such :/

Elloram needs to have one module with the wiring, logic, and lighting. And another module with all the extra ores and such. Most of us just use TMI so we don't need all the extras.

Edit: As a note, I would expect the creators of IC2 and Buildcraft to start getting a bit upset with redpower for stealing their content.

• Apparently she's a gal so it's K

But now that I think about is, Al is a dragon

And Spacetoad is ... A frog?
    Hope to god he doesn't go to France, I love BC... But I suppose you don't need legs to type ...

Wonder which of the three is most unique?

Edit: Wonder if Al is the guardian of the nazi gold?

Edit2: For everyones information I'm sleep deprived. Cheaper than drugs, not quite as addictive ^^
    Edit3: Religion test in half an hour ... Wonder if I can write "god did it" on every question...

Ediit4: Maybe I should study? Mhh... Oh mccrap :pinch:

Edit5: Funny fact, Jesus died to save us from the sins of this gal Eva eating an apple. And a Jew and a Roman had him executed. So shouldn't Christians look *UP* to Jews ... and Italians?