You know what's funny, I was just thinking this the other day when I was making a new world. I was digging it out and thought that dynamite would be way easier. But alas, not nearly enough resources to make them. +1
Welp, I finally bent to texture pressure. I ended up getting the lazy newb pack for the sole reason of having better textures. I gotta say, it makes the game A LOT more enjoyable, at least for me.
Love this game. I haven't even bought the full version yet, but the demo is still pretty good.
Lol @ sissy dwarves, hmmm... been about a year and I haven't made them any clothes XD they don't seem to mind, I keep plenty of booze around.
Yes, you read it right, dwarf fortress. Finally decided to check it out, and, gotta say, it's pretty interesting. Any of you guys ever play, and if so, any experiences you want to share . As well, if you could, describe how you learned the game, as well as suggestions for a beginning fortress builder like me :3
No! The number one thing I hate about buiildcraft and redpower is that it IS broken up into modules. If you end up doing this, devs, please make it so you can download them all at once.
Probably because they would melt.
I saw that there were some jokes about lightning rods and all that, but in an attempt to add a slight bit of realism to this mod i propose this idea:
Lightning and Storm Properties
- Rain and Thunderstorms are more frequent
- Code so lightning strikes more often during thunderstorms
- The lightning will be drawn to objects in this order: lightning rod/lightning lines, Metal objects, Higher up objects, water, random other stuff
- The lightning will generate EU when it strikes any IC2 item. (Amount of EU generated is debatable but possibly 2048 or something much higher)
- If the lightning strikes a power cable/line then it would overload it with the EU and destroy any machines connected that cannot take that much current
- When raining, if an exposed line is on the ground (as in not insulated) then the line can short either losing EU, Completely draining it and any MSFU/other things that are on the line (at max line current if not more), or charging the water and thus shocking anyone that goes in it with the full current of the line.
Lightning Rod/Lightning Lines
- Very cheap to make the lines (possibly 3 iron ingots turns into 3-6 Lightning Lines)
- The lightning lines have VERY VERY bad EU loss based on distance. (100+ per block)
- The lightning lines have multiple levels of insulation just like HV wires
- Lightning lines must be insulated when near any other current carrying blocks/machines else the current could leak and overload them
- Lightning rods are also relatively cheap to make (or possibly more expensive ones that are more effective or something)
- Lightning rods draw lightning to themselves and feed it into Lightning Lines or a surge protector
Surge Protectors and other devices
- 4 models of surge protectors: 1 time use (any EU current), HV current, EV current, and Lightning current
- Converter that can extract 1 tick of EV current from a Lightning Rod/Lightning Line (multiple converters can be connected to each draw that current)
- Converters VERY expensive and only work for 1 tick worth per lightning strike.
- Power lines maybe? idk?
I'm a programmer myself (although Java is not my main language) and would be more than happy to help out on this project, but i thought i would come to you as i have not really made much of anything on minecraft and would like to have your aid in implementing something into your existing mod.
Questions/Feedback/etc is appreciated as if this isnt added to IC2 ill probably still end up creating something without the EU and IC2 implements for general use in a standalone mod.
Quoted it in case OP deletes his post.
Lol, I'm surprised an Admin hasn't found this yet. Unless they are just ignoring it...
Go for it, Al!
(I have adblocker anyways )
I guess my question is : Why? Why would you ever do such a thing? Are you trying to be funny? Or are you sick of this forum and could care less if you're banned. If it's the former, I have a feeling Ablaka will not appreciate your humor.
I guess my only question would be:
I was actually feeling the same way @ OP. I actually started playing wing commander saga, which is good, but doesn't have fighter customization .
Well, many of you must of seen the recent "Industrial Creeper Suggestion". After all is said and done,well,Quote
He said the f-word.
As quoted by our Dragon Lord
Oh my word I lol'ed for at least a minute.
Here is the link, it's funnier if you read the thread.
Fenix, I realize that I could just hook it up to my eu system, and use that uranium in a reactor to run the furnace. But there comes a point when you don't need anymore energy, and building more reactors is a pain (at least for me). My stockpile of uranium never seems to go down, and I have no need for more energy. Besides, having the same old eu furnace is boring. *Sigh* Whatever. I think it would be nice. But that's my opinion, which I am entitled to.
I don't. Electric/Inducion Furnace + Simple Nuclear gen design (0 Risk of explotion 1 or 2 Efficiency) = Lots of energy for Lots of smelting.
Just because you are lazy to do the above doesn't mean the devs should make it easier for you.
I'm not saying I'm lazy, obviously there should be a bit of loss in terms of efficiency. I'm just saying it would be neat to have a furnace like this.
Umm... I kinda like it actually. Seriously. It's an interesting concept, having a nuclear furnace. For those of us who don't use more than one reactor, and have stockpiles, it would be kinda neat to put to use the extra uranium. Now, 50 items sounds like an off-the-old-top-of-the-head idea, but that fact can be tweaked. Say what you want, but I like it.