Suggestion: Industrial coal.

• Name: Industrial coal

Description: Simply put, an expensive way to turn charcoal or other organic materials... Into coal.

Since coal begins as dead, wet plants. You need to soak plant balls with a bucket of water. (Just like hydrating coal.) These hydrated plant balls then need to be wrapped around either charcoal, flint, some sort of raw meat or if this seems like a 'too easy' way to obtain coal, an ender-pearl since they're somewhat hard to come by. The newly crafted peat then can be put into a compressor and made into a chunk of coal.

Recipe: Self explanatory.

Shhh... The creepers are listening...

• i'm a little confused about .. chunk of coal? aint it the thingie you compress to get Industrial diamond?
    probly you meant regular coal

on topic: would be great to use those plants somehow since making biofuel sucks economically

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• I worded that badly. What I meant by chunk of coal, is a single unit. As in what you'd make into coal dust and wrap around flint. Or make into carbon plates.

Edit: Missed the little thingy about regular coal in your post. I be a dimwit.

• also: mind if i steal you signature? :rolleyes:

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• No...

the amount of geological time that has to pass for Coal to even form is so great that there is no conceivable way to manufacture it in an Industrial setting... You literally have to find a way to re-arrange the atoms in charcoal in order to get it close to a coal-like state...

In which case, you are better off using alchemy for this... LOL

Edit: Yes, there are other alchemy forge-compatible mods than EE... In fact I re-engineered BTW to have a slight Alchemy component to it as well...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Whilst yes, it does take a long time for plant matter to be compressed into coal, but there's no other reaction for it to be made into coal other than immense pressure.

P.S. Did you read the whole thing? I'm assuming you did, but it doesn't seem like it.

• nice idea actually, it eats up alot of resources and energy, more than just burning coal can make (and way more than you would of get if would of just burned the components)

• Whilst yes, it does take a long time for plant matter to be compressed into coal, but there's no other reaction for it to be made into coal other than immense pressure.

P.S. Did you read the whole thing? I'm assuming you did, but it doesn't seem like it.

You're arguing with a geologist about how coal is formed... I did read the whole thing, and no, your statement about how it's a 'pressure-only' system is flat out wrong...

Source: http://www.uky.edu/KGS/coal/coalform.htm

There's alot of other organic, biological and chemical, changes that also have to occur with decayed matter before pressure and temperature can come in and take over the process. So Charcoal -> Coal would simply be both game breaking and illogical from a resource perspective...

Edit: Dehydration of sugar... however... lol

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• it's not game breaking.. maybe just a tiny bit , but.. compared to charcoal coaldust it's hardcore :D
    if i understand it right making coal would take: specially prepared plantclump, coated (x8 pieces) in charcoal/meat/whatever and then compressed
    dont seem that overpowered
    maybe not-that-realistic but it's minecraft after all :)
    could also add cycle in extractor for chemical dealie tho

• I could see putting a wet plant ball in an extractor to get... Carbon gunk? Then wrap that around charcoal.