Posts by MagusUnion

And it's confirmed. Mojang acquired for $2.5 billion. Notch quitted Mojang too.

As said, hopefully MS doesn't fuck up the game by screwing with the EULA (which would screw up YouTube, Twitch and mods) and screwing with the current Mojang team.

Will probably be the first casualties in this deal....

EDIT: Microsoft's official press release
    By the wording, it seems that MC will still be available on non-MS platforms.

" Minecraft fans are loyal, with nearly 90 percent of paid customers on the PC having signed in within the past 12 months..."

I expect that number to drop like a sand block pretty soon...

EDIT 2: The Mojang post does seem to be optimistic about modding future though, so that may not be so bad.
    CPW is quitting though. He's deleting his Twitter account in 22 hours.

First member of the exodus. I'm imagining the new EULA for the game to be a total nightmare to have to deal with...

...and all mods have to be reviewed for their content. no bugs, no 'unbalanced' mods, no mods that do something another existing mod does, no overlapping resources.

And these everywhere

Once I heard this news, I became glad that I ultimately decided to make the permanent move to /r/spaceengineers. Great Voxel game that is supported by Steam, with a sufficient technical setting that I've always craved from modded Minecraft. Best of all: Mod Support for this game is fully implemented, and new options to mod/design with are coming out regularly per update. Yes, it's still in buggy alpha phase, but I honestly feel it's worth the $20 investment (or $14 if you can catch it on sale like I did back in March, lol)...

But yeah, Minecraft and Minecraft mods were great. But if this deal goes thru, this will pretty much be the end of this little block game that we know it...

Are you planning on working for the USGS then? I had an uncle who worked as a surveyor for the majority of his career, I always thought that it was crazy how he would update the markers and such even in the most desolate places

If they are hiring. Granddad used to work for the US Forestry for years, and I inherited several of his old surveying tools. Surprisingly, it's those markets that help verify where state and country boundaries are, and how to settle disputes between various sovereignty parties. It's a pain in the ass, but there are many entities that pay good money for such services, lol...

Please stop making pointless whine threads.

But we have to attack IC2! People are still using it and that's bad! IC2 is a bad mod!!!11212!1!!!@31!!!!

On a more serious note: I don't see why people are still complaining here, since their separate microcosm of mods should be keeping them self sustained. Perhaps not everything in the modpack sphere of influence is green pastures and sunny skies?

Dirty Imperial... :P

What's your Dovakin race?

But that was in the time when FTB was a supposed to be a accessible place for people to share modpacks with friends. Not a place of dictating modding trends. Slowpoke wanted just one or 2 official FTB packs to play their map on easy and hard mode. FTB lost it's original purpose when all those moderators started dictating official modpacks.
    Eloraam and all other modders were giving permissions on hype because Slowpoke really had a great vision.
    FTB team was supposed to maintain just 2 packs for their original map. All other packs were supposed to be private. That was like what, 2 years ago?
    And now we have 23 FTB team packs packs, 3 voxel packs and a total of 9 private packs. 9 after 2 years. Are there no people interested in posting their modpack or is FTB team blocking everything for some reason?

The vision was lost when FTB was made into a business product. It was then that Slowpoke realized that the volatility of mod updates did not create a very sustainable model of business, and thus he was forced to chose the mods that had the more frequent update times in order to preserve his franchise...

As you can already tell, you can see which mods won out in that monetary war for FTB's soul. Honestly, it's Slowpoke's damn fault for selling FTB out to people who's interest are solely based around expanding their internet influence and dominating the modded Minecraft metagame. You can not expect to setup a start-up business without an adequate supply of capital in order to stick to your moral guns. Slowpoke over-extended FTB, and left him very fiscally vulnerable to external influences for modpacks. Thus, in order to preserve a steady stream of content in order to keep his business alive, he sold FTB soul to the mod dev's would could keep his business running...

At this point, FTB is the 'Call of Duty' of modded Minecraft: overpopulated with an immature user base that only keeps itself informed with the most limited scope of information in regards to the things that affects their gameplay. This keeps FTB funded, and the metagame players in power...

and its fairly simular to IC2 imo but hey my eyesight has never been 20/20 so might be just me.

All they did was create a negative color scheme off the original suit, and threw it into the mod...

but ya its whats going on atm people are rushing to make RF based mods in order to try and get there mod showcased, because FTB wants to go with 1 power system in there "flagship" pack eventho you have all sorts of mods that allow power convertion to the diffent types rather then being native RF. but ftb isnt gonna agree to that ofc.

Ever since FTB became a business propriety, their focus shifted from letting mod developers create their mods, to building modpacks as soon as new versions of Minecraft were launched. This shift in focus facilitated the cultural take-over of the Tekkit crowd, and created the forums of FTB that we see today. At this point, FTB is going to do whatever makes the the money the easiest, and I do think they care very little about the integrity of their fanbase, so long as they are generating profits...

It's still up to the user on whether or not they are going to play with either GregTech or your mod, or any other mods out there. That is something outside of your control. There will still be those of us who still play with IC2, or GregTech, or any other mod for that matter...

If Skyboy wants to create this artificial form of incompatibility, then so be it. Players will still have to make the choice between GregTech or MFR. If all that this incident accomplishes is seeing who among the fan-bases are the most 'loyal' to these mods, then so be it. As far as GregTech goes, he doesn't care about the number of users who play with his mod or not. He'll update it for fun, and play with it himself if it got to that point. All this move does is divide the community, and make them choose between two mods...

Regardless of what people choose to play, it's their right do so. Creating incompatibilities will not deny them of this right...

Greg is the one who is trying to pressure everyone into "some obscure compliance with the Ore Dictionary"

I am well aware about how anal Greg can be with registering items/blocks with Forge, that I will confess...

However, by being equally as aggravating or non-compliant just to prove a point doesn't justify the action either. It only creates drama, and in a scenario where you have an immovable object against an unstoppable force, you won't expect any results of positive fruition to result. It will merely divide the already split community further, and just make one mod incompatible with the other...

You took half of the sentence out of context to TRY to make what you say valid.

I'm not concerned with how 'valid' you, or others, think my statements are. But this is increasingly apparent that skyboy is trying to pressure Greg into some obscure compliance with the Ore Dictionary. That much has been shown to be true. Spin it however you want, but I can almost bet you that whatever maneuver you are trying to twist Greg into doing will not come to pass...

talking about arrogance/ego: https://github.com/skyboy/MineFactoryReloaded/issues/170

why dont i have any idea? idk, but he says it, so it must be right? not that i'm a mod author using apis myself...

also, the removal of the oredict BS was denied, skyboy wants to talk to greg, it's a "protest"

Case in point.

People ARENT wanting to bully greg

Apparently, they are. So what other half-truths are you going to try to sell us now?

Your feigned innocence is dully (and predictably) noted...

Regardless, it's apparent that this drama is another attempt to further schism the community away from older, established mods, and into the newer copy-cats that modpacks maintain. As I have stated earlier, it's quite futile to do so: You've gained the player population that you cater to. If you believe you can bully Greg into not maintaining his mod anymore, you'll have to try to be more aggressive than just your shit-stirring tactics that you've been using...

We should pass this around the forums, to get skyboy in trouble and remove this shit.

They won't do anything beyond temporarily taking the code down and putting it back up when no one is looking. The cowards will just play victim when we call them out, and accuse us of being the bullies for even stating that something hostile was in their code...

Before we start the rumor/drama mill, lets wait for skyboy/greg and their statements (quintine and I asked for a statement in the mfr thread).
    Remember, we are the adults, who everyone hates, let's act like them :D

It's pretty much adults vs. man-children at this point when it comes to interacting with them. Course, I don't think they understand the extend of how many fucks that we simply don't give in terms of these childish shenanigans. It's the younger modpack players that this mostly affects, and I don't think they can alienate GregTech or IC2 any further due to the simple fact that most of the people who play with our group of mods are too mature/smart enough to care about these empty jabs in our direction.

I'd say, just ignore it and put a warning that some mods are incompatible with GregTech due to THOSE mods deeming it necessary to be incompatible with US, and not US being incompatible with THEM. And then cite in their code where those incompatibilities come into play...