Posts by MagusUnion

And it's confirmed. Mojang acquired for $2.5 billion. Notch quitted Mojang too.

As said, hopefully MS doesn't fuck up the game by screwing with the EULA (which would screw up YouTube, Twitch and mods) and screwing with the current Mojang team.

Will probably be the first casualties in this deal....

EDIT: Microsoft's official press release
    By the wording, it seems that MC will still be available on non-MS platforms.

" Minecraft fans are loyal, with nearly 90 percent of paid customers on the PC having signed in within the past 12 months..."

I expect that number to drop like a sand block pretty soon...

EDIT 2: The Mojang post does seem to be optimistic about modding future though, so that may not be so bad.
    CPW is quitting though. He's deleting his Twitter account in 22 hours.

First member of the exodus. I'm imagining the new EULA for the game to be a total nightmare to have to deal with...

...and all mods have to be reviewed for their content. no bugs, no 'unbalanced' mods, no mods that do something another existing mod does, no overlapping resources.

And these everywhere

Once I heard this news, I became glad that I ultimately decided to make the permanent move to /r/spaceengineers. Great Voxel game that is supported by Steam, with a sufficient technical setting that I've always craved from modded Minecraft. Best of all: Mod Support for this game is fully implemented, and new options to mod/design with are coming out regularly per update. Yes, it's still in buggy alpha phase, but I honestly feel it's worth the $20 investment (or $14 if you can catch it on sale like I did back in March, lol)...

But yeah, Minecraft and Minecraft mods were great. But if this deal goes thru, this will pretty much be the end of this little block game that we know it...

Are you planning on working for the USGS then? I had an uncle who worked as a surveyor for the majority of his career, I always thought that it was crazy how he would update the markers and such even in the most desolate places

If they are hiring. Granddad used to work for the US Forestry for years, and I inherited several of his old surveying tools. Surprisingly, it's those markets that help verify where state and country boundaries are, and how to settle disputes between various sovereignty parties. It's a pain in the ass, but there are many entities that pay good money for such services, lol...

Please stop making pointless whine threads.

But we have to attack IC2! People are still using it and that's bad! IC2 is a bad mod!!!11212!1!!!@31!!!!

On a more serious note: I don't see why people are still complaining here, since their separate microcosm of mods should be keeping them self sustained. Perhaps not everything in the modpack sphere of influence is green pastures and sunny skies?

Dirty Imperial... :P

What's your Dovakin race?

If it is such a big issue, then break from forge, obscure your code with encryption and other nonsense, and fashion yourself a nice tinfoil hat. Nothing ruins something faster than dumping politics and worse legal battles into it.

You reek of Cheetos and draft beer...

It's also quite the antisocial move from some people to push Tonius into non-compliance, it's mostly his risk to take, not theirs.

Those same people wouldn't help him if he were cornered into a legal situation with his code on the line. While I doubt that it would ever get to that point (Goon's lack the balls to be so legally direct in any case beyond the internet), it only goes to show the selfish, absorbed nature of them in this case with the modded community. They will simply claim some fictitious 'higher ground' by saying that we 'bullied' Tonius into taking his mod down, and then use that as a poly to get people to play more Tekkit based mods like Thermal Expansion and MFR. It's really quite pathetic if they think such drama will affect the maintaining function of keeping IC2 online and up-to-date. Of course, in their view, they believe that if they can build a large enough community, then they can influence Mojang to sway in their favor. It will never happen, of course, because Mojang hasn't and doesn't care about the modding community as a whole. That has more to do, actually, with the issue of how Sweden deals with intellectual ownership and being able to regulate it in a business setting... Could be wrong on that issue, of course, but I image that after all the engine changes that Mojang gets done making to Minecraft, the legal hurtle will be the largest in regards to mods...

But tl;dr? This is about the 'meta-game' to modded Minecraft, now. The Tekkit guys are simply being manipulative and trying to control player viewpoints with the latest example of drama. In order to 'beat' the 'meta-game' of this drama, then you just have to ignore it and treat the conditions as purely irreverent to our cause. Because their meta IS purely irreverent and stupid....

Also, Facebook now owns Steam, too!
    And if anyone except for me would post that, people would believe that for like 5 seconds!

Fucking Hell!!! Almost gave me a heart attack man! Jesus!

Why isn't IC as popular as it used to be? Is it just the downturn of IC? In a few months will it be the old mod people forgot about and no longer care about? It used to be IC based modpacks, now it's TE based modpacks. IC is as old a modding of minecraft itself, why 4 years later is it just now changing? Do we need an IC3 to regain popularity? Does anyone know the answers to any of these questions? Will we ever know?

10 year old kids came in mass into Minecraft, thats what happened.

Pretty much that, as well as the fact that it's very easy to exploit their attention to things that look 'new' and 'amazing' and 'special' on the whim. That's why CoD has kept making money for so long. Yet it's a damn good thing that they are moving on to their own simplistic branch of mods now, and leaving the rest of us alone with their petty requests and design changes. I'm glad their exists new options to herd those fickle users into something else to keep them preoccupied. The mentality that a mod should change just for the sake of modpack balance is quite toxic, and is a blatant attempt to uproot the power underneath a developer to coheres them to create whatever is being demanded. Now those idiots can go pester Team CotH and leave us alone, since not all of us care if the mod is in heavy demand or not...

Ironically, I've found that when people DON'T beg for new content so often, new content ends up getting created faster from the IC2 team. Surprising how that works...

(And yes, I'm aware that technically GT also falls in that 'toxic mentality' category as well. But I don't play with GT, so meh...)

Are they actually worried that Putin is going to Stalin them? At the most he'd try to get rid of them, but not percicute them. This is the 21st century with social media, not the 20th with rumours about a place no one knew about and was far away.

He's got a war on Homosexuality right now within his country, with strict anti-gay laws in effect in order to curb 'gay propaganda' from spreading in the country. It was quite prevalent during the Winter Games, and hence why the games themselves drew such criticism before they even had a chance to begin. It would be no surprise if he didn't start profiling 'undesirables' within his territory, and finding ways to 'rid them out of his sovereignty'...

Amazing how uninformed you are with what's going on in the world, Choco...

Seems we still have some friends over in the FTB zoo: http://forum.feed-the-beast.co…er-system-is-fixed.42692/

Meh. I gave up on the idle hope for sanity from any form of modpacks communities in general. Hopefully, though, with the way that Minecraft has entered into its development cycles in versions as of late, we may no longer need them for large listings of mods. The only practical reason modpacks were necessary was due to how the block/item ID system worked. If Mojang finally gets that new system where blocks are only referred to by their naming system, then we wouldn't need packs in general for configuration sake...

Apparently i'm the only one on these forums who likes EE. And what's wrong with the minium stone as a small buff. If I have crap tons of Iron and need gold, I can trade the Iron for gold.

That was about the only feature I liked about EE3. It was a nice resource exchanger in some respects that wasn't easily abusable. It also helped in some conditions where certain resources had too great of a scarcity (*coughEnderpearlscough*) in early-to-mid game, and alleviated the back-end need to sacrifice forward tech progression in order to search for 'that one resource' just to continue. (something that I find to be very unrealistic from a geological standpoint)...

But damn, $1000 a month? I make over that slaving away on a construction site, lol...