[1.23] [SMP] High lag spikes when away from machines

• In SMP, i've been getting huge lag spikes when trying to play, mainly when I am away from machines. It gives me mass lag spikes, and the other person on my server also gets them. I have re-installed IC2 on my end twice.

Image of the lag spikes

EDIT: After a bit of examination, it seems to be only the nuclear reacotr - removing it and re-connecting fixed the issue for now

• I had this same issue with an MFS unit -> MVTF -> LVTF + miner package setup. Actually I was feeding 4 minders in an 18x18 square (each 9x9 abutting).

• Please turn sound off in game and report back while this happens.

Is this setting sound to 0 level in the options menu, or is there another configuration? Also it is not 100% repeatable (though it does happen often enough that if I actually played for a while while mining I could state it was likely fixed/still possible).

• Is this setting sound to 0 level in the options menu, or is there another configuration? Also it is not 100% repeatable (though it does happen often enough that if I actually played for a while while mining I could state it was likely fixed/still possible).

Well For the devs they firs want to confirm if its a sound or another issue. Since sound seems to be 80% of the problems when it does happen yes turn the sound from whatever level right to 0 and see if the lag goes away right away.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Well For the devs they firs want to confirm if its a sound or another issue. Since sound seems to be 80% of the problems when it does happen yes turn the sound from whatever level right to 0 and see if the lag goes away right away.

I will try to remember to perform this test the next time it occurs (which won't be for a day or two since I'm learning how to do the buildcraft and redpower2 mods I added since last tuesday before pushing those to my server as well).

If I see this lag spike, I will turn sound to 0. If the sound persists or if the lag persists I will note it.

• You'll have to restart the game after setting the sound level to 0 for this test to work.

For my players the second I tell them to put volume down at 0 it Always works for them. Might as well try both way I mean your going turn the sound down anyways so if it does not help then relog :)

• I have the same issue only in single player and with my geothermal generators, Whenever they are producing power actively and I move away I start to get extreme FPS lag and only a full mc restart will fix it.

*Edit*Quick test showed me it is indeed related to sound, when I put the slider to "off" there is no noticable lag when going to my cacti farm or mining field (wich usually is an enormous stutter of 5 fps till I restart MC) At least for me this is the case.

• Trying to do it with sound at zero.

EDIT: With sound at zero I get a steady 55-60 FPS.

I assume the sound disabled solved your issues? 55-60 what I lag at hehe. I usually get 400+ But I assume that was the case. I'm glad more lights being brought to this. I been bitching about the sound issues since I started using IC. The sound engine pretty broken

• I have the same issue only in single player and with my geothermal generators, Whenever they are producing power actively and I move away I start to get extreme FPS lag and only a full mc restart will fix it.

*Edit*Quick test showed me it is indeed related to sound, when I put the slider to "off" there is no noticable lag when going to my cacti farm or mining field (wich usually is an enormous stutter of 5 fps till I restart MC) At least for me this is the case.

Missed your post thanks for getting back. Yeah Sound issue was my first guess. I don't know if the devs experience it must themselves. I have been able to solve 90% of complaints on our server with a simple disable sound.

BTW you can just go ahead and disable IC2 sounds from the config in the mod folder and this will really speed up performance.

We only use sound anyways for Ssssssss Eww Free items!

• I have this problem too and turning off the sound works but I like the sound lol. Is this a bug that will be fixed? The heady duty sound of reactors and machines grinding is satisfying.