Support request: Trade-O-Mat doesn't work

• I've looked on the forum on the wiki everywhere and everything tells me the same thing, but it doesn't work for me im 99,99% sure that i did it right i've tried everything that is possible but still it doesnt work... :Trade-O-Mat:
    Everything else works just fine.
    btw. Great mod :D:D

PS: Luminator doesn't work either, i know that it didn't work on 1.15 but is it right that it doesn't work on 1.23?

EDIT:

I've got the solution, it only works with normal chests (not with personal safes), wich is really messed up because that almost completely destroys the purpose of Trade-O-Mat

• Works for me. What exactly doesn't work? Can you not craft it? Once it's crafted can you not open it to set it up? Or do you try to buy something and that doesn't work?

• Works for me. What exactly doesn't work? Can you not craft it? Once it's crafted can you not open it to set it up? Or do you try to buy something and that doesn't work?

When i try to buy something it just doesn't do anything :(

• You need a chest or personal safe directly adjacent to the trade-o-mat. You put what you're selling in the locked "offer" control box of the trade-o-mat, and then you put more of the same in the chest. These must be exactly the same, such as with respect to stack size; if you want to sell one cobblestone, for example, you must put one cobblestone in the control field in the trade-o-mat and then one cobblestone in each slot of the adjacent chest; it won't work if you put one cobblestone in the trade-o-mat and then stacks of 64 in the chest. Then you put the price in the "want" control box of the trade-o-mat, and when someone wants to buy, they have to put exactly the same thing in the input box of the trade-o-mat; again, stack size matters, so if you put, say, 8 dirt in the control box, the buyer can't come along and put 16 in the trade-o-mat, they have to put exactly 8. Finally, when I tried trade-o-mats, you needed at least one cell in the adjacent chest or safe to be empty or else it wouldn't work; the trade-o-mat seems to inject the buyer's money into the chest before removing the sold item, so if the chest is full that fails.

• hm has anyone had problems with items from other mods not working?
    i wanted to set up a shop to trade in the useless redpower ores for a smaller amount of industrialcraft ore

eg 1 stack (64) of redpower copper ingots <== input
    16 copper dust <==== Output

i set up the chest properly but it will NOT make the trade

is this just because they are items from a different mod?

• I just tried trading credits (coins) for Redpower brass, and it worked fine. You mention trading redpower copper ingots though; why would you do that when they should be interchangeable with IndustrialCraft copper ingots? (for that matter, do both types of ingots even exist since implementation of the ore dictionary?). I certainly have only one type of copper ingots and use them in recipes for both IC and RP.

• You need a chest or personal safe directly adjacent to the trade-o-mat. You put what you're selling in the locked "offer" control box of the trade-o-mat, and then you put more of the same in the chest. These must be exactly the same, such as with respect to stack size; if you want to sell one cobblestone, for example, you must put one cobblestone in the control field in the trade-o-mat and then one cobblestone in each slot of the adjacent chest; it won't work if you put one cobblestone in the trade-o-mat and then stacks of 64 in the chest. Then you put the price in the "want" control box of the trade-o-mat, and when someone wants to buy, they have to put exactly the same thing in the input box of the trade-o-mat; again, stack size matters, so if you put, say, 8 dirt in the control box, the buyer can't come along and put 16 in the trade-o-mat, they have to put exactly 8. Finally, when I tried trade-o-mats, you needed at least one cell in the adjacent chest or safe to be empty or else it wouldn't work; the trade-o-mat seems to inject the buyer's money into the chest before removing the sold item, so if the chest is full that fails.

I did that, didn't work :(

• I'VE GOT IT!!!!!!!! :!::!:

It only works with normal chests (wich is really messed up because that completely destroys the purpose of the Trade-O-Mat), should have thought of that earlier because I already knew that you can't put stuff in Personal Safes with buildcraft pipes either...

• Hey

I have a problem with the trade-o-mart. It's not that it will not trade it's that everyone can open the chest next to and just take everything. Is this some bug or is it the server that needs some kind of config?

buzz :)

• I tried using the personal safe but it was still the same. :s
    Do you have to enable somthing to make the personal safe work or add redstone to it to make it mine?

buzz