[Support requested]: sound completely does not work

• When I get a vanilla .jar It works fine but when I install IC2(+the prerequisites) the sound is gone so I try going to the game options and moving the sound slider and It like lags for about 10=15 seconds and then moves but still no sound help I love this mod and want to play without turning around every 15 seconds to make sure theres no zombie behind me

• did you installed soundfix?

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• you need to update the requirements on the Wiki because soundfix was not a "prerequisite" thanks for the fix info though please give me a link to this "soundfix"

• Sorry to hijack but I'm hoping for the opposite of the op. Does anyone know a way to disable the ic sounds but leave the vanilla sounds on?

• simple - open IC2 jar with WinRAR, go to ic2 folder inside, delete sound folder

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• Sorry to hijack but I'm hoping for the opposite of the op. Does anyone know a way to disable the ic sounds but leave the vanilla sounds on?

%appdata%/.minecraft/config/IC2.cfg

First section near bottom:
    soundsEnabled=false

This will fix a lot of issues with lag and such too in SMP and SSP :)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• yeah and that if you want to go easy way :D