[Addon v1.95]Rocket Science v0.89 - flying autominers, missiles, and nuclear fusion!

• hurry up and make a 1.1 compatable version the freaking reason you dont have more downloads of this add on is becuase your always one version behind

• Don't let them bother you. While I can't wait til this is updated ( I wanted to show a friend the power of the thermo lol) I understand that RL comes first and coding can get very hectic. Thanks for not calling it quits because of people who cannot wait or keep it to themselves. :thumbup:

• Official Post

So this weekend I made the mistake of getting my significant other into Minecraft, and she's asking asking me let her play Rocket Science... and thus here's a quick and dirty compatibility patch. Just getting IC2 properly decompiled was a bear and a half (MCP doesn't handle enums well, among other things), and the way IC2 handles items was radically changed, so I didn't have time to extensively bugtest - let me know if something goes wrong and I might be able to get to it sometime this week.

Future update plans are as follows. First, I'm going to finish the SSP features I've got partially coded (BuildCraft pipe support, satellite infrastructure, GPS satellite and transponder, mapping satellite, ground-penetrating imaging, orbital ion cannon, missile defense laser, radar dish and defense coordination block, control block for multiple missiles). Hopefully by the time that's finished I'll have found someone to take over the Bukkit conversion; if not, I can't promise anything.

• So this weekend I made the mistake of getting my significant other into Minecraft, and she's asking asking me let her play Rocket Science... and thus here's a quick and dirty compatibility patch. Just getting IC2 properly decompiled was a bear and a half (MCP doesn't handle enums well, among other things), and the way IC2 handles items was radically changed, so I didn't have time to extensively bugtest - let me know if something goes wrong and I might be able to get to it sometime this week.

Future update plans are as follows. First, I'm going to finish the SSP features I've got partially coded (BuildCraft pipe support, satellite infrastructure, GPS satellite and transponder, mapping satellite, ground-penetrating imaging, orbital ion cannon, missile defense laser, radar dish and defense coordination block, control block for multiple missiles). Hopefully by the time that's finished I'll have found someone to take over the Bukkit conversion; if not, I can't promise anything.

Thank you kind sir

• i tried installing this mod and i got nothing cant craft anything nothing shows up in nei i dont know what i am doing wrong
    edit ok i changed a few block ids and i got it started but now im getting this error

error report

modloader.txt

my modloader.txt was too long to put in this message so i attached it

• I am also getting borked recipies. They try to use a "unnamed" block instead of adv machine blocks. It also breaks all other IC2 addons which use machine blocks.

EDIT: doesn't seem to be a mod-ID resolver conflict. I just did a virgin MC with only IC's dependencies and it still fails epicly. Glass fibre shows up as superconductor wire too.

EDIT 2: moar testing. Can't get the recipies to work, but the machinery seems to work fine. reusable rockets never turn into charge, and passanger ones spawn TNT missles upon click.

• I am also getting borked recipies. They try to use a "unnamed" block instead of adv machine blocks. It also breaks all other IC2 addons which use machine blocks.

i have the same problem

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false.

• The mod doesn't work, i tried to craft the super conductor but it doesn't work, I tried to give my self the items they don't appear in the NEI also they take up the ID's.

HELP if you know what is wrong.

• First: You made a great mod, Kentington.

Second: I've got two problems:
    If I craft a passenger rocket and then place it somewhere, it changes into a TNT-Rocket. Very strange.
    And the fusion reactor doesn't seem to work. I place heaters, a batterie, a superconductor coil and lithium-6 cells in it, but nothing happens. Does it not work if there is no cable output?
    Thanks for answers

• Hi im new on this forum
    i have installed ic2 it works great
    i have installed Rocket science v. 0.81 and it start i can login game and load map but i have the problem that all rocket have the same hat i have too many items i can put the other missles in my inventory but when i start it they have the tnt head on the top and they just work like tnt when they hit the ground

• ^ ^ ^That did not make any sense.^ ^ ^

I love this mod and have been waiting all week (and more) for it to update, but when I got it, Minecraft just crashes when I place down any missile. I then can go back to the world and use that missile like normal, but still, it crashed when I place one. I guess it's better than no missiles, but still, it is a thing to look into.

• Sorry, double post. :pinch:

But I wanted to add that the passenger missile does not work. When I right-click it, nothing happens. When I set it off with redstone, it takes off without me.

• Okay, I registered. Now I can edit, lol

Another thing is that only half the rocket shows up (just one block) when I place it down, force close minecraft (I'm not on a Mac, by the way), restart it, and go back into my world. Yea, it still shoots right, I can change the co-ords, but that also is one reason that the Passenger Rocket won't work.

EDIT: OKAY, BIG PROBLEM. In creative mode, the entire block selector thing is spammed with 32,767 FUSION REACTORS. Not to be mean or anything, but FIX THIS NOW. Please?

EDIT 2: All the missiles are the same, they are all just regular missiles.

EDIT 3: The parachute, when opened automatically, will appear for about a half a second then disappear. Shouldn't be a big priority.

• Lol?
    I found another bug.
    My since rocket science placed copper cables look like superconductors.
    Hope you make a bugfix soon, Kentington.