Suggestion: Microfission cell

• The Microfission cell

First of all, i like this mod a lot and i’ve been playing it non stop since i found it, but i keep running into a slight snag every time i mine. My batpack runs out and i have so much more stuff to mine. Sure, some of you might want to remind me of single use bateries that you can use, but i use up a stack each time i want to recharge my batpack, and i wish there was a more high tech way to do it.

Microfission cell is way to produce 1 million EU portably out of a uranium cell and some reactor components. It would be a one time use item that can charge either tier 2 or tier 3 items (depending on how ballance calls it) than can’t be used in a MFE or MFSU because that might convince you not to use nuclear reactors early game.

It would be an item similar to a rechargable battery, so you can right click on it in your item bar, but they will not be rechargable by making them not work in any of the power batteries (Batbox, MFE, MFSU).

It would both be a good way to charge your batpack and armor while away from home (especially with the way food and quantum helmets work) and a good way to spend your nuclear fuel if you don’t want to manage a nuclear reactor. Since it will be single use and it uses an advanced circuit, you can’t say they are overpowered, especially because you can’t use them directly in a MFSU to get 1 million EU almost instantly.

The recipe would be something like this:
    :Coolant Cell: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Coolant Cell:
    :Coolant Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Coolant Cell:
    :Intergrated Plating: :LV-Transformer: :Intergrated Plating:

Cooling cell Integrated heat dispenser Cooling cell
    Cooling cell Uranium cell Cooling cell
    Integrated Reactor Plating MV/LV Transformer Integrated Reactor Plating

• for 1M EU i think it's better be somewhat cheaper , with Adv. Circuit on top and 2 alloy plates in the bottom

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• All you would save up from using your "cheaper" components would be some copper and an advanced plate. Cooling cells are practically free. Also I think something needs to keep it together and cool it as well, as in a miniature nuclear reactor.

First of all, i like this mod a lot and i’ve been playing it non stop since i found it, but i keep running into a slight snag every time i mine. My batpack runs out and i have so much more stuff to mine. Sure, some of you might want to remind me of single use bateries that you can use, but i use up a stack each time i want to recharge my batpack, and i wish there was a more high tech way to do it.

Crazy idea: Just carry more batpacks? :) Since it'd take a stack of SU batteries to recharge one anyway.

I know when I'd mine a lot with a batpack + diamond drill I'd usually carry an extra charged batpack or two. Though usually your inventory will fill up before you're even done with the second batpack. [Unless you have some way to handle all the items in your inventory, or a or a fairly close drop-off or recharging station :)]

• i meant leave coolant cells there ofc. i just hate these reactor plates for being non-stackable i guess

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• Crazy idea: Just carry more batpacks? :) Since it'd take a stack of SU batteries to recharge one anyway.

I know when I'd mine a lot with a batpack + diamond drill I'd usually carry an extra charged batpack or two. Though usually your inventory will fill up before you're even done with the second batpack. [Unless you have some way to handle all the items in your inventory, or a or a fairly close drop-off or recharging station :)]

What if you forget to charge your quantum helm and didn't bring any food with you, or if you just want to flatten an area out while away from home without using buildcraft? Or how about something i've been meaning to do since i got my hands on a mining laser, use it till i blow everything around me up withoutgoing home to recharge it every 5-10 shots? It should have uses, even considering the single use batteries.

• I'd say just cut out the middleman and make a higher capacity batpack.

Although I would understand your hesitation to wear an unlicensed microfission cell on your back.

'Wait! What does that mean?! I can't panic properly unless I know what that means!'
    'Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and... I went ahead anyway.'

• I'd say just cut out the middleman and make a higher capacity batpack.

Although I would understand your hesitation to wear an unlicensed microfission cell on your back.

Well, a better batpack would probably use crystals and be rechargable. One of the points i was trying to make was that we need more uses for nuclear fuel, because some people don't like to try complicated things that might explode, and my proposed device would be safe.