Is biofuel worth it?

• Ok so I made (using TMI) a setup that converts plants into bio cells, then biofuel cells, then into fuel cans. I did this mainly to think about the concept, but then I realized that it has these serious flaws:
    1. Fuel cans only slightly surpass the amount of power used to fill them
    2. The cells themselves are consumed (they always are, but its wasteful)
    3. It requires a lot of babysitting without buildcraft and with it it is still hard to set up pipes correctly

So with these flaws in mind, I am thinking it is probably more practical to just burn the plant material, and definitely more resource friendly, if not more raw power friendly. So, is there any reason to make biofuel?

Another reason is that I'm playing on a server and I need a sustainable source of power before I go nuclear and I can't babysit it constantly. I live underground so solar isn't an option. I currently use a watermill for the sustainability it gives, but I need an upgrade as I build more machines. Soon I will have a mass fabricator up and I will need lots of power to pour into it.

• Well... in a standard generator, according to the wiki, 1 bio-fuel can = very slightly more than 4 charcoal.

Which is easier/faster to make, a biofuel can (which doesn't stack) or 4 charcoal? :)