Support Request: Can't find any redsone whatsoever

• Hi, I've been having a problem ever since installing Industrialcraft and all the modlouder's etc. I can't find any redstone whatsoever. I've been just searching and searching through caves.
    I even created a map based on a seed that gave the location to some redstone. I went to the mentioned location, but could only find uranium and copper.
    Could there possibly be something I did wrong? Is there a way to check if the map generator is even generating the redstone?

What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

• if you want to check that the world is spawning some redstone try installing Zombe Mod, one of the mods in there (i think its down as cheat mod) allows you to toggle the locations of ores, default once enabled is Y followed by O to show ores. they show as X on your screen, red is redstone.

ive recently updated all my to include Redstone power world and Better than wolfs (plus alot more) and i havnt had a single problem finding redstone

• Tin occurs <40 (hit f3 for debug to get your X,Y,Z; among a lot of other stuff you won't care about, f3 turns it off again)

'You' are about 1.6 high. So when you are 'standing' at 41.6 the block beneath your feet has an upper side at Y=40; it's lower side is Y=39.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Redstone_Ore

Redstone can only be found (naturally) beneath level 16.

If you follow the how to get started in the IC2 wiki it /does/ mention a 'journey to the center of the earth'. As an alternative you could quarry or use a buildcraft miner, but the quarry requires a mess of diamonds to make... so you're probably better off trying to find a route down that is safe for you.

• thanks for the zombe mod...it was a real help
    i actually started fresh with a new minecraft installing both industrialcraft and zombe
    i know for sure now that there is actual redstone
    thanks a lot

• There always is; Just not necessarily where you're mining.

I've hit expanses of deadzone (just cobble and other junk) before; you're at the mercy of a pseudo-random number generator; not a regular pattern of sparseness.