CASUC perfect breeder (5 in, 40 out, 5.00 eff)

• The latch is needed to turn off the warmup circuit which stops bucket delivery entirely. When I actually have the time to properly build this it will be more clear.

• The latch is needed to turn off the warmup circuit which stops bucket delivery entirely. When I actually have the time to properly build this it will be more clear.

Oh, ok... you're talking about your design, not mine lol

• Quite; while your probably won't blow up (for a while; I suspect the cooling water may evaporate enough for it to slowly heat up), it will swing through the zone where the reactor hurts the user. My reactor design replaces exterior water cooling with a little internal cooling and the IHDs also act as dampeners for the thermal swings to keep the reactor in the sweet zone without going over 70% max temperature.

• Quite; while your probably won't blow up (for a while; I suspect the cooling water may evaporate enough for it to slowly heat up), it will swing through the zone where the reactor hurts the user. My reactor design replaces exterior water cooling with a little internal cooling and the IHDs also act as dampeners for the thermal swings to keep the reactor in the sweet zone without going over 70% max temperature.

Oh, it was evaporating water quite regularly. :) The cascade above the reactor pre-configures the flow so it drops straight down in a ring, and the evaporation doesn't budge the temp at all (checked regularly throughout the run with the thermometer mod... it was always exactly 9770 (the tick after a bucket went in), or 10020 (the tick before a bucket went in)).

This reactor doesn't hurt the player until 10640 heat, and since the temp is stable with the reactor off and 20 DI-cells inside, you can avoid going that high.
    The startup procedure is:
    - Check timer/counter config, reset timer, and make sure reactor is redstoned and pistons are in the heat-neutral configuration (11 external water)
    - Add uranium and depleted isotope cells. This brings reactor up to 20 heat, with 20h/t heating and 20h/t cooling
    - Add 5 lava buckets, which brings it up to heat-neutral 10020 heat
    - Add two water buckets to take it down to 9020 (going to try to automate this part)
    - Turn it on. It takes about 3-4 seconds for the first bucket to get into the reactor, getting you up to 9770 or 10020 heat, where it becomes stable again.
    - You can add another bucket manually to bring it down to 9270/9770 (or 1 bucket and 1 ice for 9020/9270 if you're really OCD), but it's not necessary
    - If you're really, REALLY OCD, after you have it down to 9020, open the -1h/t piston for 19 seconds to bring it to 9001/9251 :P

• Are you sure that's the safe temperature? I thought it was 10K for the reactor core, then 1k for each chamber added. So 0.7 * 14000 should be 9800.

• Are you sure that's the safe temperature? I thought it was 10K for the reactor core, then 1k for each chamber added. So 0.7 * 14000 should be 9800.

There's 12 reactor plating in the empty spaces (except for in the top row), which brings it up to 10640/15200

• I can see how that works too. However I've been burned too many times by the exterior cooling evaporating to rely on that being water for /stability/. As a user control for reducing temperature I can see it, but not as part of the primary system.