Surrounding the reactor in water

• Ok, I have spent a few hours reading countless posts from this forum, some of you guys are way too smart! 8|

I have found the reactor pattern that best suits my needs (ty Naragon for his Mark II-1 B)

However I now have a question as I cant find the solution in the forum.

How can i get the required 20 blocks of water around my reactor? Im so confused!

My wish it to create a large Nuclear facility and house the reactor in a large Room. In the centre of the room I will create a large 'tank' full of water and in the centre of this shall be the reactor. I just dont know how large my tank has to be in order to provide the 20 blocks of water required without making it bigger than it needs to be.
    I intend to take the high power cable from the bottom of the reactor straight into the floor and out of the facility underground. I assume this is possible as the HV cable is a full block in size and so should plug its own hole in the floor to prevent water leakage?

I hope I have provided enough information, if not, please ask!

All feedback appreciated!

Roscoe

• Hi Roscoe,

Nargon has put a schematic of such an reactor tank at the bottom of his post, in the "Perfect Breeder" spoiler. In the end, all you do is fill up the part of a 3x3x3 area that is not occupied by the reactor with running water. The chambers touch the tank walls and bottom. That way you can put a redstone or cable line at any side and the bottom. The tank top is plumbing.

The HV cable will suffice to plug the hole at the bottom. In fact, any cable will do that. As soon as the block is occupied by anything that water does not wash away (like redstone, torches, wheat...) it will not leak.

Post screenshots :)

• Ahhhh! I see it! Thank you!

Correct me if im wrong, but from the diagram, it appears I dont need to 'fill' the tank with water, I must only place a water source block above the setup in the place shown in the diagram and let it flow itself?

I shall be sure to post screenshots when I get it finished, which might be a while (im just planning atm)

• Correct me if im wrong, but from the diagram, it appears I dont need to 'fill' the tank with water, I must only place a water source block above the setup in the place shown in the diagram and let it flow itself?

Exactly :)