need help with CASUC advanced design

• This is just what I needed :D So more pumps.

And yeah I remember you mentioning something about not using waterproof pipes.

EDIT:
    It looks a lot tidier than my setup xD And you are just using RP isntead of BC which leaves number of mods involved the same as mine, so I like it. And I guess, politicaly your reactor might have a longer future, because of BC leaving Forge. Or did I mess something up? Sorry, I am not up to date with issues between modders.

No i use BC and i could drop the RP parts in that setup easily but i would need another way to fill buckets. Since you are using a specialized bucket filler mod you can do without RP2 but since i like RP2 i don't see a reason to install the bucket filler mod. Either way, both methods work just fine and i too agree that i would much rather use BC to make the cooling system actually cost something.

Why 12 EU/t for obsidian pipe? Is this the smallest value with it working properly?

When idle (not sucking items) it only draws 5 EU/t, when it's sucking items it draws 12 EU/t. This is internal BC mechanics and cannot be remedied. The obsidian pipe (as a matter of fact all wooden pipes too) have internal energy storage in the form of something called the PowerProvider. It has a Min/Max energy received. Max energy stored and Energy loss per tick. (hence the 5 EU/t when idle, it loses energy each tick)
    Due to the massive "leakage" (the overflow loop) i have to allow the obsidian pipe the full 12 EU/t (hence why you see it having it's dedicated bat box at the splitting tower) or the stored energy in the obs pipe reaches zero and the obs pipe stops functioning.

Hmm... those yellowish things I guess they are 'tubes' are supposedly less leaky than BC's alternative and I think I can see all buckets shot in the same direction. But I just couldn't live with RP, it adds so much unwanted stuff which already is developed by IC or BC. Some new ores, bluetricity, machines or whatever more to this there is.

Yes it does add a lot of "unwanted" stuff... IF you install ALL the redpower packages. You can, just like with BC, opt to install only the parts you need.

Energy-free pumping seems a little bit OP according to BC standards, but still leaves it a nice design.

Energy free pumping helps with the initial design concept. Like i said before, I'd much rather use BC's liquid pipes and tanks for that realistic effect for the final reactor.

You don't need HV-transformer after MFSU in voltage splitting tower. But it's just me, trying to pay legitely for everything acquired via TooManyItems.

That is most likely something i left there from early on in the design i had in mind. Or i was just being overly cautious! (i hate stuff exploding)
    ... Hmm, now that i think about it, the return cable from the splitting tower didn't go into the MFSU initially and i had MFSU's in the tower at first. That's why that HV transformer is there and i just didn't remove it. So that's why it's still there.

I also like the way you calculate it down to a single EU/t. I immediately applied more economical version of your voltage splitter in my design.

Yep yep, glad to be of assistance.
    Now i am going to try and set up a server since i am done with BF3.

You wanted your mods (obviously) but do we have to have bukkit?
    And mind PM'ing me some contact details so we can chat out of the forums? I have TeamSpeak 3, Ventrilo, Mumble, Skype, MSN. I prefer TeamSpeak 3 though because it draws the least amount of memory from the system and the least amount of CPU cycles of all those.

Sending you a PM with contact details now.

• @anybody who happens to be reading this for some reason

Have you ever encoutered the issue of BC pipes not displaying and working properly while loaded in SMP and constructed in SSP? IDs match with server's.

• Well, there is:

• BC 2.2.6 Client and Server but only for MC 1.00
    • BC 2.2.7 Client and Server but only for MC 1.00
    • BC 3.0.0 Client only, for MC 1.8.1
    • BC 3.0.1 Client only, for MC 1.8.1 only
    • BC 3.0.2 Client only, for MC 1.00 only
    • BC 3.0.3 Client only, for MC 1.00 only

So out of those 6 versions, 4 are for MC 1.00 and thus excluded since IC² is still 1.8.1.
    And BC 3.0.0 and 3.0.1 is excluded because it is only client (SSP) and is further more, incompatible with ALL BC<>IC crossover mods (Converting EU into MJ) which is quite important if you want to make good BC based CASUC designs.

So in other words, for SMP we will have to wait for IC² to get into MC 1.00 and that is still relying on that BC actually works when converting worlds from SSP to SMP.

• Well, there is:

• BC 2.2.6 Client and Server but only for MC 1.00
    • BC 2.2.7 Client and Server but only for MC 1.00
    • BC 3.0.0 Client only, for MC 1.8.1
    • BC 3.0.1 Client only, for MC 1.8.1 only
    • BC 3.0.2 Client only, for MC 1.00 only
    • BC 3.0.3 Client only, for MC 1.00 only

So out of those 6 versions, 4 are for MC 1.00 and thus excluded since IC² is still 1.8.1.
    And BC 3.0.0 and 3.0.1 is excluded because it is only client (SSP) and is further more, incompatible with ALL BC<>IC crossover mods (Converting EU into MJ) which is quite important if you want to make good BC based CASUC designs.

So in other words, for SMP we will have to wait for IC² to get into MC 1.00 and that is still relying on that BC actually works when converting worlds from SSP to SMP.

Returns the same conclusion :S

Now I am trying to achieve something with SMP starting from 0, imagine that machine block is not showing in TMI...

ed. actually it does, but lapotron crystals etc still have to be made

• Wow, guess what. BC creations placed in SMP after loading into SSP are equally messed up.

This SURE needs fixing. Screw it.

After recreating major part of the primary design.... ffs. :cursing:

• Wow, guess what. BC creations placed in SMP after loading into SSP are equally messed up.

This SURE needs fixing. Screw it.

After recreating major part of the primary design.... ffs.

Sounds awesome :D