My First Nuclear Power Station (Picture Heavy) [Updated 27/12/2011 - World available for download]

• Hey Guys,

I first came across IC2 in the Technic Pack, however for some reason it was causing performance issues, so I decided to uninstall it and install Buildcraft/Redpower/IC2 manually - Now I can build my Nuclear Power station without massive performance issues.

This is my first "major build" in Minecraft and I'm still new to the redstone/Nuclear workings, or building anything for that matter.
    Anyway; here is the first round of screenshots - This is still very far from being finished.

Phase 1

With the XNOR Gate, I'm pretty sure it's the wrong gate, I just need to find the correct one, Or a combination of Gates.
    Disregard any statement on XOR/XNOR gates - I fixed the issue: It was a non-inverted input to a XOR that solved it.

So what happens is, You can setup your reactors so on each of their Control Circuits, you can set them to [on/off] modes as needed. However you still need to engage the Master Circuit by setting it to it's On position; Keeping it in the Off position - this will obviously keep the Reactors in a Standby state, so if you are up for it, load up all eight reactors full of uranium and simply hit one button instead of eight.

The Emergency circuit will reset the Master and all Reactor circuits to the off position while it is active, once it's deactivated the Reactors will return to their original state [On or Off] however the Master will remain in the Off position, so you can check the heat of your reactors and change their configuration as needed.

Like I said: this is my first big build and so far it is coming along nicely even though I should have wired it up better, and maybe gave myself some more room.

Phase 2 - MSFU's

Phase 3 - Reactors

This is currently it for now, Phase 4 will be taking the power from the MSFU's and sending them to Transformers, I'm thinking 4 MSFU's to 1 or 2 HV->EV Transformers, or something like a Distribution grid; Not sure yet.

After playing around with it some more, I decided that this was not a good design to do, so I am starting again.

You can download the world here:

Code
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0b191y6usxvcvqz

(It's a *.7z archive)

Comments?

• Incredible. And I assume this is a creative/TMI build?

For the moment yeah, Just learning how to build something on this scale (And the resources included) would take me a very long time. However - Once I get the general gist' of it, I see no reason why I couldn't go and build it for real under SMP utilizing BC Quarries or something.

Once I am happy with it, I shall also put the world up for Download.